My first accident, absolutely frightening

Trig

brokenwindow1.jpg

brokenwindow2.jpg

window3.jpg

not exactly much damage, just a broken windscreen and broken wiper arm.

its the circumstances that are frightening.

I had just pulled out of my housing estate onto the main road at around 3.30pm, accelerating up, doing about 20mph when a 12/13 year old girl ran out infront of me. I stood on the brakes and swerved into the opposite side of the road but I didnt manage to avoid hitting her.

The girl is ok, she was taken to the hospital and had a scan as she had bumped her head, but there was no damage, only physical marks on her was a graze on her ankle from the tarmac after she slid off the bonnet and a slight scratch on her face where she caught a wiper.

Im just thankful I fitted cossie brakes because if it was anything that perfromed to a lesser standard then Im sure I would have caused here alot of injury.

so a serious message to you all, make sure you think about your brake performance before you go worrying about your engine performance, as a good set of brakes will go a long way to saving someones life.

Edited by trig_112

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bet that s41t you up 8o

of course it did, the sight of a young girl with the entirity of her life in front of her about to end up underneath your wheels unless you do something about it kind of does that.

Im ok though, the shock was pretty bad, I keep getting flashbacks and its not nice. I have seen the girl and her parents as they only live around the corner from me, she is fine, the worst part for her is that her bum hurts as that is what she landed on and was to embarrassed to tell the doctors at Bolton hospital.

her mum and dad seemed to be more concerned with my state of mind as a couple of months ago the girls dad knocked a young lad down when two other lads pushed him into the road infront of the oncoming vehicle. he said the accident played on him mind for ages so they could understand what I was going through

I was no where near the school though, about 10 mins walk away from it.

she is ok and has learned a tough lesson and so have I, no matter how good and how careful you are there really is no accounting for what other people will do, so you just have to put yourself in the best possible position you can be in and hope that everything else is ok

The attending police officers were really helpful and it has been reported as no fault of mine.

I was no where near the school though, about 10 mins walk away from it.

she is ok and has learned a tough lesson and so have I, no matter how good and how careful you are there really is no accounting for what other people will do, so you just have to put yourself in the best possible position you can be in and hope that everything else is ok

The attending police officers were really helpful and it has been reported as no fault of mine.

Yeah i know trig, just that when you mentioned about her dad with the kids oushing into the road it reminded me of the school near me, there always dong it :(

good to see no ones injured trig :)

reminds me when i nailed someone before, it didnt bother me as the woman didnt have the sense to walk another 20 meters to the crossing and stepped out on a 3 lane each way road from behid a lorry :roll: would have been alot worse if it had have been a kid like with you :(

dude if that happened to me i could never drive again, i just couldnt trust myself behind the wheel, glad there was no serious injuries

Think that way & you may as well become a hermit :(

I know what your saying but these things only make you more aware of the unexpected & how quickly this can happen without fault :))

Edited by peewee