My first accident, absolutely frightening

Trig

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye that wud sh*t me up too, i was a witness in court for a similar thing yrs ago, we had all just got off the school bus and as we all do, if the way is clear we overtake buses, perfectly within your right to and kids are taught never to walk out from behind or in front of a bus.....well this stupid girl did, van was overtaking, only doing about 15/20mph at most and she walked out from in front of the bus, not even looking before doing it as she was facing back towards the pavement as she did it, we all heard tyres screeching and turned to see her mount the bonnet of the van and then roll down off it, she broke her leg....the most interesting break i've seen too lol. Then she tried to sue the van driver, so when i was asked to be a witness i said yes because id given a statement at the time cuz there was no way i was gonna let this guy be ruined for something that was blatantly not his fault, sure enuf he won because she had spouted a load of b*llox about wot happened which i swiftly put right....her family were known in the village as snobs who always kick up a fuss anyway.

so i definitely feel for ya matey, not ur fault yet u have to suffer the mental issues of hitting a kid, i just hope it isnt dragged out like that poor bloke :(

gutted 4 ya mate i saw a women send her 2 youg kids across the road a few years ago inbetween 2 lanes of trafic and just told them 2 rub the out side lane was stoped but the inside was still goin and the fell was only doin about 5mph as he was stoping for the lights, one kid hit one wing and the other one got past the car but rand back and got hit to :( all the mothers fault now we have speed bumps on a main road because of it :nutter:

dude if that happened to me i could never drive again, i just couldnt trust myself behind the wheel, glad there was no serious injuries

I did everything I could to prevent it and cause minimal injury. I was at a complete standstil when she slid off the bonnet, her injuries come from trying to jump back up, she fell over and and grazed her ankle. my broken windscrren comes from her hitting the wiper blades and the arms cracked the screen.

duty of care... anyone under 16 isn't responsible when crossing the road its our job not to hit them!

thanks for your fcuking helpful words, I will remind you of it if the same happens to you

unlucky dude. at least it is minimal damage to you and the girl. at the end fo the day she lived, i recon the price of a windscreen is nothing compaired to her life!

Very true, however in this case the price of a few wounds is nothing compared to the price of a windscreen which aint that cheap. Her wounds will heal but I'm sure glass doesn't fix itself. I'm sorry to sound heartless here...That isn't my intent, but the girl's parents should pay for the damage. It was her fault after all.

Glad no one was badly hurt tho :thumb:

Tim

Gutted to hear about this fella, just glad both of you are ok,

Surely you can use your windscreen cover on insurance if you have it, most insurance companys do this now dont they. :)

Take care Trig :thumb:

This makes me think i shud have better brakes on mine!!!!

I dont have windscreen cover (TPFT)

the excess is usually £50 anyway, which is what I paid (I have contacts)

Everyone on here that has gone back to normal brakes after having uprated ones always complains about how crap they are, just ask Canning, he realy noticed coming down from RS2k brakes to standard.

when you think how much we actually spend on our cars, what is £150 on a set of proper brakes that will do the job we ask and much more

You sound like a decent guy and did all you could, theres no other damage to your car and windscreens arent all that strong so you did well, keep in touch with the family and make sure she is okay or recovers okay, thats what id do... windscreen isnt going to break the bank is it when it comes to replacing it obviously, and asking for it back would be like throwing a brick threw someones window and knocking on the front door and asking for the brick back, you know what i mean?