Heres my sorry gti

1pukkadeal

wouldnt mind seeing a picture of that spec sheet mate and the rear panels with the elecy windows, how do you operate them in the back :cheers:

there is a switch on the door panels like you used to get on the scorpios ,the insurance have the car at moment in their pound so I just have my fingers crossed they will let me buy it back

Gutted for you Steve..

Steve,did the rear window go down all the way,or just ½ way ? Im looking into electric rears,& if they open fully like the fronts

,Window still went down usual amout as the shape of the door would not allow glass to lower any further ,bit of a bad design by ford on rear windows mate

It was not a safety thing HEZZ ,just bad door shape as when the glass is at the powest point its just off the cut out for the wheel arch

Edited by 1pukkadeal

• 2 weeks later...
Well there is a happy end after all ,local bodyshop guy loved the look of the car and just bought it off me for £600 reckons he can get it back on the road as good as new for £250 ,then he plans to make a £1000 profit on it due to it being a rare spec version

• 5 weeks later...

He got charged with driving without due care and attention = 8 points ,driving while using a phone = 3 points and he already had 6 points on his licence ,so he lost it for a year and was ordered to pay £1600 in a fine and he admitted liability to the accident ,so he has had to foot £1800 for hire car for 6 weeks and foot medical expenses and full cost of write off value which was £1300 ,so its fair to say he is sorry now

Ouch mine is the same colour ,now I know what it would look like if I bashed it

mirror image

Edited by 1pukkadeal

He got charged with driving without due care and attention = 8 points ,driving while using a phone = 3 points and he already had 6 points on his licence ,so he lost it for a year and was ordered to pay £1600 in a fine and he admitted liability to the accident ,so he has had to foot £1800 for hire car for 6 weeks and foot medical expenses and full cost of write off value which was £1300 ,so its fair to say he is sorry now

Sorry to hear about the crash, shame they didn't ban that :censored: from driving for life! Shame about the GTi rare car with that spec!