THROTTLE BODY PROBLEMS

pbs6vas

Hi guys,

Sorry for the long post. I changed the fuel filter last week with fords brand New.Had problems since then.Very low idle and lack of power especially while climbing even mild elevations. Changed the fuel filter..............yesterday with halfords brand.Better than b4 but still lacking power while climbing elevations.

I forgot to tell you. My car got idling problems( high idle at start).I requested the garage guy(MOT centre) to clean ISCV 6 months back.That guy adjusted some screw in the throttle body housing with philips Screw driver to bring the idle speed down instead of cleaning the ISCV. He said that is the only way of doing it. It didn't effect the idle speed but since then I observed lack of power of the engine.

but last week b4 changing the fuel filter, i cleaned my ISCV. ISCV is full of dirt and cleaned it throughly. The idle speed improve much.But after changing the fuel filter, its idling at lower rate( couldbe between 700-800-no tachometer on my car). I am wondering whether is it the cause for lack of power??.Do i need to readjust the screws in the throttle body to bring the power back??????????.If so please explain in detail.My knowlegde is very basic.Can someone shine light on this please.Thank you very much guys. Cheers

Hi guys,

Sorry for the long post. I changed the fuel filter last week with fords brand New.Had problems since then.Very low idle and lack of power especially while climbing even mild elevations. Changed the fuel filter..............yesterday with halfords brand.Better than b4 but still lacking power while climbing elevations.

I forgot to tell you. My car got idling problems( high idle at start).I requested the garage guy(MOT centre) to clean ISCV 6 months back.That guy adjusted some screw in the throttle body housing with philips Screw driver to bring the idle speed down instead of cleaning the ISCV. He said that is the only way of doing it. It didn't effect the idle speed but since then I observed lack of power of the engine.

but last week b4 changing the fuel filter, i cleaned my ISCV. ISCV is full of dirt and cleaned it throughly. The idle speed improve much.But after changing the fuel filter, its idling at lower rate( couldbe between 700-800-no tachometer on my car). I am wondering whether is it the cause for lack of power??.Do i need to readjust the screws in the throttle body to bring the power back??????????.If so please explain in detail.My knowlegde is very basic.Can someone shine light on this please.Thank you very much guys. Cheers

OOPS.............Suprising...............No replies. Cheers Techs

ur problem is very odd and u havent given much time for replies. I have a few suggestions

Is the fuel filter on the right way? (its very very hard if not impossible to fit the wrong way)

did u get any dirt in the fuel hoses while working?

has it really been caused by changing the filter only?

the idle screw AFAIK only affects idle and wont affect performance when the throttle is opened.

What engine do u have? 700-800 idle is a good thing BTW