Flying buses

caled

Thought I would delight you all with my rather... interesting nights drive.

I was just driving through to didsbury from cheadle (via parrs wood, for those who know the area) and was just pulling up behind a newish pug 206 hdi at a set of traffic lights, which were just changing to green. There was a bus coming on the other side of the road, the only reason I remember this is because it was airborne at the time...

The bus has just mounted a traffic island (see remainders in pic) and was hurtling towards the stationary pug and myself who was pulling up behind it, it slammed in to the pug and was heading straight for me, when I threw the car in reverse and hammered it backwards - stopping just short of a silver vw golf which slammed on its anchors, and I ended up parked at an angle to the kerb, a few feet in front of the golf and a few feet to the right of the bus (now partially back on its side of the road).

Everyone was ok, if not a little shocked, and the pug driver had to climb out the passengers side of the car cos his side was pretty mashed up (as it would be having just got jiggy with a double decker bus). The front end of the bus was pretty messed up, and believe it or not there used to be a traffic light and a pair of bollards on the traffic island. Lucky no one was stood there, eh?

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/9048.jpg

I am parked just off the left of the shot, as is the bus. Apologies for the crappy, blurry phone pic, but I was only in a hoodie and I was freezing my boobies off. The only thing I can clearly remember seeing (other than the vw golf in the rear view mirror) is the bus flying through the air, heading straight for me and surrounded by loads of flying traffic light -come-shrapnel.

And to gogomollie, whom I just bought my new wheels off - thanks for putting decent tyres on the wheels!!!

Bloody hell! :eek:

Bet that shook you up, glad you managed to avoid it and the pug driver was ok, good job it wasn't a wider car than a 206!

It supports my theory that BUSSES SHOULD BE BANNED!

actually....thats Clarksons theory.......but a general concensus agrees with it :pancake:

Very close call indeed. I wish the driver in the silver golf which was behind me had stayed, I would have loved to have know what went through his mind when I flew towards him. Probably went off to change his trousers, too.

I can't actually recall putting it in reverse, but its a good job I ended up going backwards.

I was thinking about it more today, and the more I think about it the more I'm glad I drive everywhere, anyone stood there would have stood no chance, at least if it hit me in my car I have the car between me and it. Not that it would help that much -> clicky

I have no idea how the bus driver managed it, from a standstill no less.

It's really surreal seeing a bus airborne...

Thought I would delight you all with my rather... interesting nights drive.

I was just driving through to didsbury from cheadle (via parrs wood, for those who know the area) and was just pulling up behind a newish pug 206 hdi at a set of traffic lights, which were just changing to green. There was a bus coming on the other side of the road, the only reason I remember this is because it was airborne at the time...

The bus has just mounted a traffic island (see remainders in pic) and was hurtling towards the stationary pug and myself who was pulling up behind it, it slammed in to the pug and was heading straight for me, when I threw the car in reverse and hammered it backwards - stopping just short of a silver vw golf which slammed on its anchors, and I ended up parked at an angle to the kerb, a few feet in front of the golf and a few feet to the right of the bus (now partially back on its side of the road).

Everyone was ok, if not a little shocked, and the pug driver had to climb out the passengers side of the car cos his side was pretty mashed up (as it would be having just got jiggy with a double decker bus). The front end of the bus was pretty messed up, and believe it or not there used to be a traffic light and a pair of bollards on the traffic island. Lucky no one was stood there, eh?

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/9048.jpg

I am parked just off the left of the shot, as is the bus. Apologies for the crappy, blurry phone pic, but I was only in a hoodie and I was freezing my boobies off. The only thing I can clearly remember seeing (other than the vw golf in the rear view mirror) is the bus flying through the air, heading straight for me and surrounded by loads of flying traffic light -come-shrapnel.

And to gogomollie, whom I just bought my new wheels off - thanks for putting decent tyres on the wheels!!!

Bloody hell mate what a near miss eh?

My dad is a bus driver and to be honest he is the only one i know who drives really slow lol.

I think its quite frightening sometimes when your on a bus and the driver has his foot down, its not myself i worry about cos sitting on a bus your most likely to be ok but its the carnage of what you can hit thats the problem.

Never mind glad your ok.