Financial Ombudsman service

JC

Really annoyed with my insurance company.... cut along story short I have paid a stupidly large amount in insurance to cover all my modifications and Endsleigh never set up the documents right and are refusing to give me correct documents and it states on my policy that its standard no modifications! Talking to them over the phone and in person hasn't got me any where! That and the :censored: canceling my policy at one point and complete indifference and now i have to produce my documents to the Police has left me some one annoyed and dissatisfied. Their internal complaints is a joke.

So I was wondering has anyone had any dealing with "Financial Ombudsman service"? what authorities do they have over insurance companies? What are they like to deal with?

dealt with them 3 times - all because of Adrian Fux...i mean flux. but anyway.

Firstly - ring Insurance FIRST thing on Tuesday morning = asking to speak with a MANAGER (probs have to go GUMP ON PHONE>TEAM LEADER>MANAGER)...but make sure its a manager you end up speaking to (of course remaing calm/polite and if they try fobbing you just repeat "i'm not satisfied with your answer, i'd like to speak with someone in higher authority".....once you've spoken to amanager....see what they can do about the situation (i'd personally say 15 mins is long enough to get what you want sorted).....if its not sorted say the following clearly.....

"ok, so you havn't given me satisfactory actions/answers to my problem, so i'd like to FORMALLY request ALL records/documents you have on me/policy (including internal notes made by your staff), ALL phone calls that you have on this policy under the data protection act ((this is wear they'll get someone higher/sort the problem or try fobbin you off about phonecalls...its ok you've made it clear what you want and is recorded)).....i'm giving you until close of business tomorrow to sort myproblem out. (one full working day) before reporting you to the FSA (FSA would tell you to do this if you didn't so if they go to court they can say you tried everything.)

this, is where - if the company/gump on the phone knows their stuff - where their arses fall out and they go pegging to the highest person they can grab hold of....... last time i used them - it cost the insurance company being investigated £2k JUST for the FSA to get involved - let alone the charge if they're found to be in the wrong. so this is where usually stuff gets sorted pretty damned quick - and if so --- ask them how they are going to refund you your money spent on phone calls (will need your bill for proof) and the time its taken ETC......they aren't legally bound to - but if they've just backed down they should off you something (but you think of something too just incase)

if the above doesn't work - dont worry the FSA will take over from there...

• 6 months later...

I love the Financial Ombudsman service, after they eventually wrote to the insurance company, a big cheese from endsleigh sent me a nice letter completely agreeing with me and the complaint and sent me two nice cheques to cover the expense and appologise!

So tempted now to spend them on an engine convertion now!

• 4 weeks later...
took a fair old while that did - but its good LOL how much you get then???

Think it was about £300 ish

Best to tell your insurers you will go to the FOS and/or FSA if this isn't resolved within 7 days.

It's an easy process for you as has been said above.

I told them i was going to the FOS and they said go ahead! Was a really easy process, and tbh wasn't about the money, was really annoyed trying to get my insurance all legal and they were unhelpful, rude and generally shocking customer service!