Rear discs with insurance...

Muppje

I'm assuming all you law-abiding citizens declared your RS2000 rear beams on your insurance....my question is, what did they have to say about removing the ABS?

Although I'd rather get ST170 rear discs and keep the ABS....it's spending the extra £400 on it just for ABS basically...

• 2 weeks later...
If you wait a couple of months, you can have my rear beam set-up. This particular one is the best there is and still a one-off...

Cost me £900 and you can have it for a 3rd of that...

I could be interested in that too :innocent:

wonder how much my insurance would rape me for it!?

well Matt has 1st refusal now, and JC you can have second before I advertise it

It's still going to be a few months off yet before it's available, but I'll let you know as soon as

same goes for a the full Wilwood front conversion, coilovers etc...

Thanks, drop me a PM when you do have it have it available, if Matt doesn't want it, would be able to collect, If i'm right in thinking your in Shropshire somewhere? :thumb:

• 3 months later...
when i declared my front brakes, they worded it as "brake upgrade" so i just added the rear beam and said nothing.

did they give you money off for upgrading the brakes, surely making the car stop better reduces the insurance companies risk?

Yes....but then you could say that if someone has bigger brakes....then they will drive faster.

Swings and roundabouts. and the insurance company will always see the negative and put the price up, unless alarms etc