Taking off a front bumper??

SPITROAST

best jack it up and axel stands and take the cover off under the bumper, you'll find the 2 bolts towards the passager side easy, the 2 on the drivers side are a little harder to get to, if you look behind the rediator black pipe you'll see them there, then theres to in each of the wheel arches, you'll see them stright away, then just unplug the fog lights, if you have them m8y. i haven't do it my self yet, but i only notice them sunday as i was meshing my bottom grill and had to get in that way with out taking the bumper off, Hope that helps, anyone wanna add any to this they can if i missed sometihng.

Matt

Its a right b*stard to do. have done it twice in the last 6 weeks and the first time it took about 31/2 hours!!

With the 4bolts you have fcuk all room to move and your guarenteed to managle your hands each time :vangry: But keep at it and youll get it off.

tip: when you put it back on dont do the bolts up as tight, that way it will come off alot easier next time. (i havent even pu the bolts back on at all and its fine)

• 1 month later...

took mine off last weekend..

the bolts are easy to get to in mine (with my fiesta engine ;( )

but basically i did it this way,

take the front grill off (the grill with the ford badge) then take the 2 screws off the plastic trim part which the grill is fixed to, u should then be able to get to the 4 bolts by puttin the arm through the hole!!

Heard Damien suggest this way last month and i have to say it was easy, and i think it should be ok with u lot with you bigger engines. ?(

hope this helps

Ant

should then be able to get to the 4 bolts by puttin the arm through the hole!!

Cant do that on mine, just about manage to get my fingers in, Shite loads of pipes everywhere and the bloody radiator :curse:

u got pipes between the radiator and grill?? ?(

oh well must b a little different to my 1.3 :D

damian did it though, think he has 1.8 X(

took me bout 3 and a half hours to. if anyone, like me has air con, they'll also know that thers Shite loads of extra pipes and another fan. absolutely no room at all, and none for leverage of a spanner or ratchet. f**kin pain in the arse. my old mk6 1.3 was simple to tk the bumper off, so much room in the engine bay. i used to pop the bonnet and expect a asylum seeker in there everytime