S-Yorkshire Meet

Weezer

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prob been asked before but which car park?

if you turn right after the bridge its the boy racer side, left is the quieter side with more room, so which side we going for?

Definately say to the left. the right just aint big enough i dont think. Are you meaning over the bridge, turn left and the carpark by the water and watersports office? Or is there one I've never seen before? :rolleyes:

Certainly the one by the picnic benches will more than likely be full at that time.

quote]

Definately say to the left. the right just aint big enough i dont think. Are you meaning over the bridge, turn left and the carpark by the water and watersports office? Or is there one I've never seen before? :rolleyes:

yes, or carry on to the end and park on the grass, can keep an eye on cars better :thumb:

Yes we''ll do that if its not raining, which i really hope it isnt as there aint much shelter up there. I figured with it being august we wouldnt need it, but hey this is Britain.

So Guys ... A quick rundown on the set up of the park. Iirc from the motorway tou turn into the park gates on your right hand side. There is two speed bumps inside and the road goes down to the ticket office with a barrier, once through the barrier follow the road round the bends, and you'll come to a bridge on the left, with a kiddies play are to the right. Go over the bridge and turn left...this should take you passed a carpark and towards a grass area. This is where we'll be.

If its raining we'll be on the hard standing.

:thumb:

Kick someones ass huh? Sounds interesting, dont forget I'll have the stick chair! :ninja: So no messing :innocent:

We are just meeting in the park yes Purely because from the motorway its easy to find and one of the only decent-ish places in the area for us to meet that wont be too busy. There is some food and drink facilities there, and if iirc some kind of bar/eating area, but never actually been inside so not sure what it is.

I'm going to pop up there this afternoon and check it out.

Right I haved been up there this afternoon to find us a suitable place to park and check on BBQ ruling. BBQs are allowed so we'll see about sorting one if people want???

As I said in the previous thread, once through the pay gates follow the road around the bends and you will come to a bridge to the left, cross the bride and turn left (follow signs for WaterSprort Centre) follow it past the centre (which will be on your right) and then follow signs for CableSKi . On this stretch of road there are a few bumps but the ones that rattle the car you can just manage to squeeze around, the other ones are a little pointless tbh. As you follow the road the lake till be to the right and it will open up to a large grassed area with spce for parking on either side of the track .....

Grass area >>

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z242/blondie_Vi/menharry453.jpg

Meet point >>

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z242/blondie_Vi/menharry452-1.jpg

(this pic is taken from the other side - so the marked grass area will be on your left) if this is free we will be meeting there otherwise we will have to search for somewhere else)

While I was there I saw the fair being set up, I don't know if this will still be there on sunday but there is a good chance it will be so the park may be busy. But at least there will be something to do for those who bore easy :innocent:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z242/blondie_Vi/menharry455.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z242/blondie_Vi/menharry454.jpg

Also, for those who were concerned these were the worst speed bumps in the park, they look alot worse than they are. Not so much high, but quite wide :roll:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z242/blondie_Vi/menharry456.jpg

Is there anything else people would like to know ?

----------------------------------

Yes you did ought to attend!!

Brilliant that you can

-------------------------------

Kylie

Mike W

bennyboy

Heavyrightfoot

neil

gaz

ben

craig

stoney

mykez69

Karl

gav_mm

cjdonny

Browser (poss)

Danny1107

Rob84

Squiz

:thumb:

Edited by Kylie

now we know what you do with your spare time driving around parks ,looks a great venue for a meet right beside the water you lucky lot

Nobody saw me...I was undercover :ninja: surveying the area.

It is a very nice place when the suns out yes, but pretty bleek when it's not. So fingers crossed it be fine for us.

Kick someones ass huh? Sounds interesting, dont forget I'll have the stick chair! :ninja: So no messing :innocent:

Stick chair or not your getting your butt kicked. That grass looks perfect for some Hulk Hogan style wrestling :roll:

I hope i get over them Speed Bumps ok, they look fairly smooth though....

P.S. Dont forget a stick chair for me please :D