Tread been warn off front tyres

Dean-o

I bought a brand new set of tyres about 2 weeks ago. Drove to Birmingham and back (about 250 mile round trip) and it has more or less taken most of the tread off the front 2 tyres. It hasn't just taken an edge off, but all ACROSS the tyre.

The bottom arms were replaced before the new tyres were put on. I've had the tracking checked and it is absolutely fine. Could the bottom arms cause the tread to be warn out that quickly or could it be something else?

Also when I'm driving the steering wheel goes to the right but the wheels are in a straight line, but when you slow down the steering wheel suddenly pulls back to the left to go back to the central position.

Any help/advice would be appreciated :cheers:

let us know what u find ur tyre pressures to be as it seems odd to wear the full tyre soo quickly,wishbones normally make the inner edges go when the bushed give out. Have u had the tracking checked and adjusted..do that as a matter of course (but only after u've had the wishbones checked,and if nesecary,replaced.

when did you change them hicksy, and how many miles have you done since you changed them?

I changed the about a month ago and have done a fair few hundred miles on them.

Im pretty happy with them, they wernt ford ones i got but i got a set (on recomendation from a chap on here) and when they turned up they had ford bushes in them, but for less than half the price of ford ones:) If you want to know where to get them PM me :)

have you got 17in wheels on your motor? is the car lowered?

both of the above will increase the wear on the inside edge of the tyre. if you have 17s with a car thats lowered 40mm or more then you can expect the tyre's to wear raipdly. the tyres on the front of my rs2k last about 1000miles before the inside edge is trashed