Peugeot 206's

Dean-o

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people get far too hung up on who drives what, if you like it then just go for it :) (of course this is excluding men in Daihatsu Copen's!) I've got a 206 and i've had a 180 on test recently too, the engines are strong and the powerband is quite wide, the handling is very much like the old 205 GTI (very flat and chuckable) great chassis and the damping is pretty much perfect. They're also well spec'd and suprisingly well built for a French car, but if you want a hardcore hot hatch i'd look at the Renault Sport Clio.

Not another plastic fantastic motor!! :unsure:

What do ya mean?

I think people get far too hung up on who drives what, if you like it then just go for it :) (of course this is excluding men in Daihatsu Copen's!) I've got a 206 and i've had a 180 on test recently too, the engines are strong and the powerband is quite wide, the handling is very much like the old 205 GTI (very flat and chuckable) great chassis and the damping is pretty much perfect. They're also well spec'd and suprisingly well built for a French car, but if you want a hardcore hot hatch i'd look at the Renault Sport Clio.

I looked at the Clio 172 and 182 and they both look quite cheap and nasty tbh

haven't driven one though so might be surprised

I drove a left hand drive 206 in germany some years ago. They are like most modern cars nowadays. Massive windscreen and big plastic dashboard bigger than the car itself. Not my personall choice of motor to have fun with....

Depends if your after something hardcore or just something to use everyday... Don't get me wrong the 180 is great when you want to have a bit of a blast but its just not as sharp as the Clio... For driveability i'd go for the Renault, otherwise you may aswell just get a GTI 138 and save yourself some cash.

ham >>> don't take this the wrong way but i feel you have very limited motoring experience and should maybe state this when handing out advice

dean, personally i've never driven a 180, but i had a bash in a hdi sport thing and the engine was good, everything else was typical french car

Dude, no offence but how can you judge that when you don't even know me... I'm not saying i'm an expert but i've been racing karts/ car's pretty much my whole life, not that it should dictate how you drive, especially on the road but i'd say I have pretty good car control!

Dude, no offence but how can you judge that when you don't even know me... I'm not saying i'm an expert but i've been racing karts/ car's pretty much my whole life, not that it should dictate how you drive, especially on the road but i'd say I have pretty good car control!

i said nothing about control i said nothing about driving, I said: limited motoring EXPERIENCE now tell me i'm wrong

And BTW again I'm neither a girl, a pufta or a hair dresser :pancake:

nor can you count lol (neither one or other, not one or other or another-other) LOL

aaaaaaaanwyay

missus has the eco HDI (£35 a year tax), i begged her not to get it - but she did as her sis gave her an unmissable offer and........its a great little car i think (to drive - not to look at) lol took it to Bpool and it sat at 95 the whole way and only used a tenner diesel. build quality is as you'd expect - but with the GTI i think you'l be pissing in the wind - they aint the quickest or best looking of cars!??!...