Paypal Reversal/Chargeback

Squav

I sold a gearknob to a member on here, they paid through Paypal straight away and I sent the item the same day.

Now I just got an e-mail off paypal saying that the payment has been reversed and the money has gone back to their account.

I haven't accepted anything to send it back etc.

What do I do?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

file a dispute, but it wont help .. welcome to the rip world that is paypal .. :rolleyes:

i sold a dvd drive to someone, i sent it recordered, they didnt bother to collect it from their local pot office and fileagainst me for money. drive came bck to me as he didnt collet and h won. so i lost out on 5quid of postage for the pleasure, they didnt listen to a word i said even though i had proof i sent it :nutter:

:/

Its not as simple as that. If you sit behind the computer during complaints and dont make much effort except posting angry emails in your file, you will lose. But if you ring up and explain to them, they understand.. Its all well and good blaming them though of course.

:/

Its not as simple as that. If you sit behind the computer during complaints and dont make much effort except posting angry emails in your file, you will lose. But if you ring up and explain to them, they understand.. Its all well and good blaming them though of course.

Total bull, Mutley is 100% right in what he says.

Email,phone calls, visits to the police in person with full details of a buyer thats done it time after time, supplied real name, correct phone number & address plus others with the same problem.

If you call that sitting behind a computer to complain then fine but its not true.

Paypals answer?

Not their problem. :unsure:

Result?

700 quid down & a guy that walks away with a car for free. :rolleyes:

Edited by PeeWee

file a dispute, but it wont help .. welcome to the rip world that is paypal .. :rolleyes:

i sold a dvd drive to someone, i sent it recordered, they didnt bother to collect it from their local pot office and fileagainst me for money. drive came bck to me as he didnt collet and h won. so i lost out on 5quid of postage for the pleasure, they didnt listen to a word i said even though i had proof i sent it :nutter:

Different item but exactly the same thing happened to me. :censored:

What is a chargeback exactly & how does it work?! :unsure:

Peewee thats an extreme :O! Ive not ever have that happened to me. Im only speaking from experience.

I sold my website for 480. The guy claimed for refund on the lines of not recieving the product. How can I prove that!?

So I rang up and explained, the dude was awesome and just cancelled the whole claim and sorted it out for me.

Its happened twice more that I can recall calling them up for but for smaller amounts and no problems.

Thank God mine was only for a tenner then.

Still annoying though :(

So I left the user on here Positive Feedback for instant payment, but now I'd like to remove that tbh.

Beware of Anthony1988.

Is it possible to remove that feedback admin, as he is potentially a threat to other sellers?

Paypal can only do so much. You use it at your own risk. Its the buyer most likely filing a dispute and using the loophole to get a refund and the item!

paypal do whatever is easiest. which means no protection for the seller whatsoever, their skank and deserve to be closed down

Spot on!

I hate paypal, but there are few alternatives!

Paypal can only do so much. You use it at your own risk. Its the buyer most likely filing a dispute and using the loophole to get a refund and the item!

paypal do whatever is easiest. which means no protection for the seller whatsoever, their skank and deserve to be closed down

Spot on!

I hate paypal, but there are few alternatives!

cheque