new computer

mrmetallica

ive upgraded to a phenome chip and new mother board with 8 gig of ram two graphics. when i go to switch on i get no screen.then after a while it will start working.then i switch of and then wont start again.

What size PSU do you have? It take it its something like 750w??

How does it behave with just 1 of the Video cards installed?

Edited by bluliz

does it hang on the windows loading screen? then just go blank? as i had this problem with a system, and one of the Harddrives was on the way out, so could be that

and ive got a Q6600, 8gb ram, 2 x graphics cards running from a Corsair 750W PSU and it works sound :)

what makes your psu?

Edited by Simonez

ive upgraded to a phenome chip and new mother board with 8 gig of ram two graphics. when i go to switch on i get no screen.then after a while it will start working.then i switch of and then wont start again.

What size PSU do you have? It take it its something like 750w??

How does it behave with just 1 of the Video cards installed?

700w. its just the same with one card.

does it hang on the windows loading screen? then just go blank? as i had this problem with a system, and one of the Harddrives was on the way out, so could be that

and ive got a Q6600, 8gb ram, 2 x graphics cards running from a Corsair 750W PSU and it works sound :)

what makes your psu?

its not going into the cemos. ive unpluged each card and other things screen says no signal. got it working at the moment but when i shut down i recon i wont start again. psu is a ocz. modxstream-pro

Edited by mrmetallica

got a good psu then, that wont be the problem.

how many hardrives you got in there? my main system had one which was starting to fail, and it hung on the window screens, and didnt load up, where others times it would, so i took it out and its been working flawlessly for ages, with no slow down during the boot up,

how many harddrivs you running?

Edited by Simonez

got a good psu then, that wont be the problem.

how many hardrives you got in there? my main system had one which was starting to fail, and it hung on the window screens, and didnt load up, where others times it would, so i took it out and its been working flawlessly for ages, with no slow down during the boot up,

how many harddrivs you running?

ive got 1 its a terra byte. its cmos its not loading. its just taken me an hour to get the machine on again.

No CMOS = mobo, memory, cpu or gfx problem.

Switch the memory around, try just running with one stick see if it boots consistently.

If not, try just running one of the gfx cards, each one in either slot.

If none of that fixes it, its either mobo or cpu, i put my money on mobo so try and borrow(?) someone elses cpu to give it a go.

Hope you got a warranty on the mobo.

Edited by caled

as caled said, cmos = mb prob

try what he said, 1 stick of ram etc, try with just the main essentials you require, try and pin point the problem :)

quite hard not actually seeing the computer in front of you, and whats it doing, but will try and get to the bottom of it :)

if dont work, send it back, and get another mate! :)

Edited by Simonez

Try setting everything to default in CMOS first. Do this using the jumpers on the mobo(refer to manual for location)

After that (presuming you can get into BIOS) flash your BIOS with the latest version which you can get from the manufactuers website.

After doing this and still having the problem test each stick of RAM at a time by booting with just 1 stick in and try all the slots. May be faulty RAM or slot.

If doing this still doesnt solve the problem then go over all the connections and test the power sluppy in another computer if possible.

What GFX cards you running?

A phenom with 8 gig and say 2 GTX 295 in Sli is going to require a lot of power, which may be straining your 750W

Try setting everything to default in CMOS first. Do this using the jumpers on the mobo(refer to manual for location)

After that (presuming you can get into BIOS) flash your BIOS with the latest version which you can get from the manufactuers website.

After doing this and still having the problem test each stick of RAM at a time by booting with just 1 stick in and try all the slots. May be faulty RAM or slot.

If doing this still doesnt solve the problem then go over all the connections and test the power sluppy in another computer if possible.

What GFX cards you running?

A phenom with 8 gig and say 2 GTX 295 in Sli is going to require a lot of power, which may be straining your 750W

im running two geforce 9800 gt gfxs cards.was told the power supply i just bought is ok for what i need.

i was trying to get it running again.started taking out ram and it started.but every time i shut down it wont start again.pissing me off know