Systems wont read data DVDs

eetaylog

For some reason i cant read any of my older data dvd backups. it seems to be a problem since XP was upgraded to SP3. Any data backup dvd's that i create now seem fine, but it seems that my dvd drive wont read anything created pre SP3.

anyone else had this?

edit: can a mod please sort the thread title out, just noticed ive missed the 'S' off system :)) . Ta

Edited by sortedford

Are the Discs DVD RW's?

Did you verify when burning?

Did you leave the session open?

Do they work on another machine?

1. No theyre DVD-R's

2. Yes they were verified

3. Cant remember exactly, but i think the sessions were left open, tho it shouldnt matter because im not able to read the discs on the same machine that i burnt them on.

4. No they dont work on other machines

:huh:

Are the Discs DVD RW's?

Did you verify when burning?

Did you leave the session open?

Do they work on another machine?

1. No theyre DVD-R's

2. Yes they were verified

3. Cant remember exactly, but i think the sessions were left open, tho it shouldnt matter because im not able to read the discs on the same machine that i burnt them on.

4. No they dont work on other machines

:huh:

Well if they don't work on any machine you have either have a dodgy batch of DVDr's, Nero has burnt them badly or the discs didnt like having the sessions left open(known to cause issues.)

I take it you tested them after burning?

Edited by bluliz

Well if they don't work on any machine you have either have a dodgy batch of DVDr's, Nero has burnt them badly or the discs didnt like having the sessions left open(known to cause issues.)

I take it you tested them after burning?

dont think they were bad dvd's as they used to work and my system read them quite happily, just noticed that since SP3 was installed none of them will open :(