Are projector headlights cheap to replace?

LiamGTR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liam, take the bulbs out and see for yourself... I'm pretty sure they were just 501s its a bit bold on hicksys part to assume all after market projectors are exactly the same.

Thats true, all the ones ive ever delt with(and sold) take the stupid T shape LED, taking 501's would be a much better idea, possible the better qulity ones take 501's?

I should rephrase it to, the ones ive delt with take the T shape LED

so you need to look for what hicksy said... a T shape led fitting... like i said.. i gave up as everyone i bought wasnt bright enough.. so went for a line of white led's instead

They're accessed on the underside of the lamp, 2 flat rubber grommets (about 50mm diameter) underneath each halo ring. Pull off the grommets and the bulbs are just pushed in (facing in the direction of the beam). Got the same trouble with mine at the moment, I think you can access the bulbs without taking the bumper off, just get the car up on some ramps or axle stands and do it from underneath the car.

Edited by devman

liam, take the bulbs out and see for yourself... I'm pretty sure they were just 501s its a bit bold on hicksys part to assume all after market projectors are exactly the same.

Thats true, all the ones ive ever delt with(and sold) take the stupid T shape LED, taking 501's would be a much better idea, possible the better qulity ones take 501's?

tbh i was being a bit lairy, I've had a lot of cars and bought / sold a lot of lights so i could well be confused

tbh i was being a bit lairy, I've had a lot of cars and bought / sold a lot of lights so i could well be confused

:cheers: I did go out to the shed and have a look at my old angel eyes just to make sure :)

Have you managed to get any yet liam?

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to do it the long winded but less fiddley way today

Removed bumper

Removed headlights

Removed honeycomb

Replaced the one that was broke...

...turn lights on... *BANG*

Tried with a new bulb...*Fire*

so decided to try replacing the ones that were working to find out if just that one had a dodgy wiring or something.....*BANG*

All 4 bulbs blew! :P Looking back on the listings I bought 3v and the car is 12v? Oops, Ultralite still haven't got back to me.

Anyone know where I can get some 12v t-shape bulbs please!?