hmmm strange...

I rang sponsored insurer the other week, they were asking more for my 325i than my 540i....WTF!? lol

guy said if i rang back on tuesday (was close to closing for bank hol weekend which is understandable lol) they could ring XYZ insurer and see if they could get it down abit...

my question isn't aimed at sponsored insurer (unless he could help also), but everybody else; when i've googled 'classic car insurance' and read their T&C's - i'm eligable - but when i've spent the usualy 15min on a quote giving details over and over to said companies, i'm not getting that much of a better deal for going 'classic' with limited mileage ETC compared to an ordinary policy - so after all the bullshite....

can people give THEIR OWN FACTUAL experiences with classic vs ordinary polices with regards to price cheers

It's a bit of a mine-field, a couple of years ago I wanted an Audi A6 4.2 (worth £6-8k) and everywhere wanted £1600++ which is about 2-3 times what i'd be paying on a modified cossie!! They didn't really have an answer as to why it was so high..

I got the supra for about £250 limited mileage. Heritage Insurance on a classic car policy (it is 20 yrs old though!). Normal policy wanted closer to £1200. When i went over my 1500miles allowance, i called up and paid another £25 for another 1000 or so miles.

This is my only experience though so not sure why your not getting the quotes you should be getting. Is it in factory condition (as in no modifications)?

My XR is now on a classic policy. For a normal, run of the mill policy it was looking like it would be £344 with CK, but with it becoming my second car, it has been put on a classic policy, limited to 3k miles, for £167.