Anyone know anything about web design??

MikeyRS

meee :) What you need to know ....

Setting up a website, once you 'buy' the domain name, how do ya go about adding to the page??

And do you have to encript the items in order for them to appear on the page??

Never done this before, nor did i take computing at school lol :D

meee :) What you need to know ....

Setting up a website, once you 'buy' the domain name, how do ya go about adding to the page??

And do you have to encript the items in order for them to appear on the page??

Never done this before, nor did i take computing at school lol :D

When you get a domain name you can upload your web content to the FTP site.

you can create your site through an FTP Client dreamweaver or somthing like that.

Sometimes your hosting company have tools for creating website but there usually pish :)

Edited by scottg17

As stu says, the domain name is a cover up for the ip address that is hosting your site.

Sooo ... you need to buy webspace/Hosting then upload your files to there, make sure your home page is always called index.html and things such as images should be kept in a folder called images to keep things tidy.

Once everything is uploaded you'll need to point the domain name to the place that you are hosting the webpage from.

Alternativly you can set up your own server at home and host from there :) then use a domain name and direct it to your IP address. Thats what im doing.

I purchased my domain name from easily.co.uk :) hope this helps.

Depends on what you want the website for.

You can do it all the 'right way', which is quite complicated for someone who isn't used to computers. Depending on your level or computer experience it might be easier using a free website creator to do something simple first, and then learn how to used domains, webspace and website editing software.