Operation Flashpoint 2 : Dragon Rising

Craig855S

Just had an email through from shopto.net saying that I have been debited for £28.99 and my copy of Dragon Rising that I pre-ordered 6 months ago (was due to be released in aug) is in the post!! So it'll be here in the morning (I'll get some play time on it before work)

Basically its like COD4 and MW2 but in much much bigger maps and more serious (once you're dead you're dead for the rest of the mission)

Fcuking youtube

Edited by Craig855S

It's EPIC, Get it!

Single player is great, very difficult as the AI are VERY clever and bullets hurt like in real life and if you don't get patched up you will bleed to death, applying a field dressing stops the bleeding but the limb is still wounded so mobility is restricted.

Multi player coop is even better as it's the same missions with the awesome AI but just with real people on your team so its easier to coordinate attacks,this game has to be taken very seriously so no run&gun antics, lots of crawling around and suppressing the enemy

Single player VS i havent tried yet but its gonna be just as fantastic

Graphics arent as good as the new modern warfare but they cant be being as the map in flashpoint is MAHOOSIVE

People need to know, this is not from the makers of the original (and awesome) flashpoint (Bohemia, i think), those guys went away and made the ARMA series. So if you are a fan of Op FLashpoint i recomend looking at ARMA2.

Dragon rising is a similair to ARMA2, but i hold judgment until i've played both (i've played neither so far) - but given that Dragon rising is being made by the guys that brought you micro machines (codemasters) i think if i was to gamble on either - i'd go with ARMA.

i notice this is in the PS3 section. If its anything like Flashpoint this should NOT be playable on a controller. No simulator should be playable on a controller. Again, ARMA2 is PC only, the real flashpoint sequel ;)

Only thing the PC version has that the PS3 version doesn't is the mission editor (which was awesome on flashpoint 1)

I had (and still have) the full op flashpoint 1 with both the add on packs and i have to say that dragon rising looks and feels almost identical,its like they're using the same engine, it is fantastic

Why do you need a PC to get it at its best Foxdie? Becuase the game certainly doesnt need quick movements like a mouse can offer since its mostly long distance shots

Ive got it for my 360 and i'm in love with it.

I'm usually a PC gamer for shooters, but i'm getting on fine with this game. Would have preferred it on PS3 (nicer controller IMO) but all my housemates have it on 360 too. It's great on system link Co-op, they just need to sort the lag online...

Sure they'll patch it before long, Codemasters are pretty good for that sort of thing.