Tyre size for mondeo alloys.

MikeM

Right just a quick few questions. I have the 16 inch mondeo / GTi alloys and they are fitted with 195/45/16 tyres. Should they have 205/45 tyres on? I hear there is two different sizes of mondeo alloys? 195's seem to have a slight stretch to them? Unless its me?

My tyres will need replacing after christmas, so do i stick with the current size? or get 205's fitted? Thats if they will fit on mine? Any help please

youll struggle to get 205/45/16's, limited on choices.

Must say when i looked each size up, there were more choices with 195 than 205

195 45 16 are the right ones - fit perfect in the boot too :thumb:

some go for 205 40 16 and they fit fine too :)

Cheers mate, probably stick with the current ones as the 45 profile gives a better ride, well so i'm told anyways? :)

I have 205's all around but /45's on the front and /50 on the rear and the /45's look so much nicer/neater

Check out MYTyres I get my 205/45/16's from there, loads of choice and pretty cheap too

Ok mate will do. I don't mind 195 but the kinda look stretched?

Is there 2 tyres of 16 inch mondeo alloys then? What the difference if there is?

Meant types and can't edit :rolleyes:

The difference with mondeo alloys are that some sets of them were 6.5j and the more sort after set were 7j wide.

I have the 7j wide ones and I run 205/45/R16 tyres with them :thumb:

Arrr ok mate cheers! Will find out how wide mine are, usually says inside an alloy doesn't it?

The difference with mondeo alloys are that some sets of them were 6.5j and the more sort after set were 7j wide.

Arrr ok mate cheers! Will find out how wide mine are, usually says inside an alloy doesn't it?

It will say in the center of the alloy on the outside underneath the centre cap :)

It will say in the center of the alloy on the outside underneath the centre cap :)

Makes life alot easier then! Will go have a look :D

I had 6.5j wheels on my old Gti, when i first got them, 2 tyres were 195 45 and 2 were 205 45.

The 205's looked much nicer IMO

I had federal S595's and toyo proxey T1R's on my rims, both tyres were ace

Cheers mate, i will keep them names in mind. Gonna have to replace all 4 once xmas is outta the way.

Makes life alot easier then! Will go have a look :D

I had 6.5j wheels on my old Gti, when i first got them, 2 tyres were 195 45 and 2 were 205 45.

The 205's looked much nicer IMO

I had federal S595's and toyo proxey T1R's on my rims, both tyres were ace

Cheers mate, i will keep them names in mind. Gonna have to replace all 4 once xmas is outta the way.

Stu recomended the federal tyres, i got them from camskill, and they were ace :)