Confession time

PeeWee

I do like the Iphones but I just personally would not own one, seem to flimsy, and my luck with phones, I would probably sit on it, :D

They aren't flimsy at all. A friend has one and when we were down the pub he shows us how strong it is by bashing the rubbish out of it against the bar and nothing, they are indestructible!

I do like the Iphones but I just personally would not own one, seem to flimsy, and my luck with phones, I would probably sit on it, :D

They aren't flimsy at all. A friend has one and when we were down the pub he shows us how strong it is by bashing the rubbish out of it against the bar and nothing, they are indestructible!

Your friend sounds like an idiot if he is to sit there bashing a £300+ phone against a bar? :mellow:

Yes they are pretty tough, I did manage to brake my first one by accidentally slamming it in a car door (I slipped and my pocket somehow got caught) but there wasnt even a mark visible on the phone at all. The screen however shown black, I did also manage to do a full backup from it :P

Apple replaced the phone instantly without any trouble at all. They have one of the best warranty's going you'll ever find. The weakest part of the phone at least with us at university seems to be the mute switch. After about 2 years of intensive use it does seems to fall off.

Can someone quickly explain what functions bluetooth would help with..

swapping pics/videos without the need of using the pc?

you cant do that with the iphone though :( - all you can do is connect to a bluetooth headset - you cant communicate between other phones/pc's etc

Ahh Ok, well I use e-mail or text for this so haven't seen it as a problem.

You'd think an iPhone could do that though tbh - I know my old Nokia's were doing this years ago.

Enjoy it Pete, they are cracking phones, I just dislike the lacking in bluetooth functionality and the fact you have to pay for all the apps. :)

Nothing flimsy about it, strongest most durable phone I have come accross.

Bluetooth to other phones for me isnt important as long as I can use my earpiece when driving.

The amount of free apps is amazing (must admit mine is jailbroken though) :innocent:

i to have pulled a homer - after years of slating the iphone - i now own a 16gig 3GS :blush: im yet to see whats so fantastic about the phones and as lee said, the lack of bluetooth functionality is downright frustrating - but i can check internet banking whilst im out - which is always handy!

emails where the same as with any other phone - but the net isnt as lightning fast as i thought it would be X(

Emails & web browsing are again the best I have come accross & one of the main reasons it apealed to me, the dual touch zoom is second to none. Net I use wireless access wherever I go so fine.

Bluetooth for the Iphone has been around since like last October - Look for iBluetooth. To quote apple "There's an app for everything!!"

Welcome to the apple gang! you can never enter a argument about PC vs. Apple ever again! and even worse you'll now find yourself eventually drooling over those expensive apple mac's when visiting one of the shopping centres.

Its a sad conversion we go through :(

Yes I can, its a phone not a computer, I will never drool over Apple macs (I have one here & access to many, I dont use them so no need to drool)

Iphone is awesome. Most clever phones humble at its awesomness...

(Still doesn't neccessary mean i like other apple products, but give them their dues, they do make an AWESOME phone)

Exactly!

Edited by PeeWee