rapidshare

eetaylog

Most video files seem to be split into 200Mb chunks in the free service, are they merged together when you go premium so you only have to d/l one file?

No. It's the uploader that chooses this. RS may have a 200mb limit, as that seems to be the norm for them, unlike depositfiles and megaupload.

A month is less than a 5er, so there's not much risk in giving it a try :)

Most video files seem to be split into 200Mb chunks in the free service, are they merged together when you go premium so you only have to d/l one file?

Wont that depend on the uploader?

You can up & download up to 2gig files premium.

Well, this is what im asking. Is it the rapidshare host that is splitting the files into 200Mb chunks, or is it the uploader doing it? seeing as premium users can upload up to 2Gb files, its a bit odd that theyre split (presuming its a premium user that is uploading the files).

The only reason i can think of is that the uploader wants to make the content available to free users as well.

Wont that depend on the uploader?

You can up & download up to 2gig files premium.

Well, this is what im asking. Is it the rapidshare host that is splitting the files into 200Mb chunks, or is it the uploader doing it? seeing as premium users can upload up to 2Gb files, its a bit odd that theyre split (presuming its a premium user that is uploading the files).

The only reason i can think of is that the uploader wants to make the content available to free users as well.

I think you answered all your own questions right there lol. :rolleyes:

cheers lads, ive opened an account now. i agree with the above comment but was getting a bit fed up with only being able to download one file at a time etc.

Ill give it a blast tonight. :thumb:

Yeah, Rapidshare has a time limit or something, so you have to wait a couple of hours to download another file. Annoying when there's 3 parts to a file!

You need a download accelerator/manager to easily download multiple files.

I found downloading through Firefox was fine. I've never lost a connection with Rapidshare, even with massive files.