rapidshare

eetaylog

cheers lads, ive opened an account now. i agree with the above comment but was getting a bit fed up with only being able to download one file at a time etc.

Ill give it a blast tonight. :thumb:

Yeah, Rapidshare has a time limit or something, so you have to wait a couple of hours to download another file. Annoying when there's 3 parts to a file!

You need a download accelerator/manager to easily download multiple files.

I found downloading through Firefox was fine. I've never lost a connection with Rapidshare, even with massive files.

A few minutes I find. :unsure:

cheers lads, ive opened an account now. i agree with the above comment but was getting a bit fed up with only being able to download one file at a time etc.

Yeah, Rapidshare has a time limit or something, so you have to wait a couple of hours to download another file. Annoying when there's 3 parts to a file!

I found downloading through Firefox was fine. I've never lost a connection with Rapidshare, even with massive files.

i think youre allowed 1 file every 30 minutes. And then when your 30 mins is up, you have to wait another 130 secs before the download button appears.

Cant complain when its free though.

Are you sure? Surely that would mean paying for an account would be useless?

It used to be like that when I used it anyway. I'd download one big file then if I wanted to download something from Rapidshare again I would have to wait another 2 hours.

It used to be like that when I used it anyway. I'd download one big file then if I wanted to download something from Rapidshare again I would have to wait another 2 hours.

Nope!

Im sure its not hours though, saying that i have only used it for smaller files myself usually less than 10meg.

I think you can get files within minutes but as you get past something like 5 it does indeed make you wait an hour.

Nope!

Im sure its not hours though, saying that i have only used it for smaller files myself usually less than 10meg.

I think you can get files within minutes but as you get past something like 5 it does indeed make you wait an hour.

I think it's different for larger files. I only experience this problem when the files are around 300/400MB and there's a few parts. I'm sure Sidrick will be able to confirm this.

I've had my rapidshare premium account for around four years now.. In terms of downloading, it's one of the best investments I have ever made.

Also, I manage my downloads using 'Flashget'. Google it if you need a good download manager.

If you're downloading a .mkv movie in 10 parts (for example), you can just highlight/copy all the links together and Flashget will pick them all up, so it saves you the trouble of downloading individual links

Is there anything about RapidShare that's better than Usenet?

yes. that the files i want to download are only available on rapidshare.

I've had my rapidshare premium account for around four years now.. In terms of downloading, it's one of the best investments I have ever made.

Also, I manage my downloads using 'Flashget'. Google it if you need a good download manager.

If you're downloading a .mkv movie in 10 parts (for example), you can just highlight/copy all the links together and Flashget will pick them all up, so it saves you the trouble of downloading individual links

jdownloader also does this (cheers btw MCCORNY11). fantastic piece of software, it even automatically merges the files once the batch is downloaded.

jdownloader also does this (cheers btw MCCORNY11). fantastic piece of software, it even automatically merges the files once the batch is downloaded.

Awesome, I'll check that out later.. Flashget can be a little 'glitchy' from time to time so I've been after an alternative

Also, if anyone uses VLC media player, I recently switched up 'kmplayer' as VLC was becoming 'jumpy' on certain downloads, mkv's etc. Would definitely recommend kmplayer to anyone who needs a new video player.

Awesome, I'll check that out later.. Flashget can be a little 'glitchy' from time to time so I've been after an alternative

Also, if anyone uses VLC media player, I recently switched up 'kmplayer' as VLC was becoming 'jumpy' on certain downloads, mkv's etc. Would definitely recommend kmplayer to anyone who needs a new video player.

i just use windows media player with the correct codecs setup it will play just about everything