av secrity suite virus

16Vrhys

on my laptop i cant do nothing its like a firewall which blocks every thing cant get into add remove programs etc when i do its not there as ive had it in safe mode , tried manually removing the files from the registery thats not also solved it , done a half reinstall with back up my files that also didnt solve it , thinking need to reinstall the whole thing which i dont want to to!

its no leading brand its a virus one which i cant get rid of lol , ill try malware bytes thanks

You might find that you have to have the malwarebytes installer but with a different name. these scareware fake virus tools scan for specific EXE launches and close the threads. you will probably also need to rename the actual program exe after you have installed it too before ou can successfully run malwarebytes.

Maybe newer versions will have a exe name randomizer to prevent the exe being closed as soon as you open it. I know one or two of the other removers already offered a randomized name on the download.

I had a simalar problem with something called the Windows vista security suite, took ages to work out how to get rid of the b*stard. It wouldnt let me open any IE windows, task manager or any programmes. I didnt even download it, I was on a website watching a film and all of a sudden my pc went all slow and it started 'scanning' and found loads of 'viruses' and kept asking me to upgrade before it would remove any.

I cant remember how I resolved it, though I have downloaded malwarebytes incase it happens again in the future.

Edit: just remembered I used system restore to get rid of it. The evil evil thing.

sometimes combofix is the best way to go. with the risk of loosing everything, im dealing with these on a daily baises.

What id try ist tho is....

Boot into safe mode.

open the containing folder that has mbam.exe in it, sould be under programme files, malware bytes antimalware in the OS drive

go to tools... hit alt if you cant see tools, pick folder options. then view tab and remove the tick from hide extensions for known file types.... okay it all.

Change the name of mbam.exe to somthing like abc12.bat -changing to a .bat file i have found goes undetected by the malware in the background.

click on the renamed file, it should launch MWB.

Update it... then run a quick scan - more than sufficient to remove the virus.

Reboot back into safe mode and run the scan again.

Boot into normal mode. If the problem comes back id consider combo fix ;)