Looks whats turned up on the news today

Jordan99940

Ben Collins, the stunt driver who was fired by the BBC last month for revealing his identity as 'the Stig' from the broadcaster's hit auto show Top Gear, will present a rival programme on Channel Five.

No longer masked, Collins will present the new series of Fifth Gear starting next Friday, alongside other former Top Gear presenters Tiff Needell and Vicki Butler-Henderson.

He will also present "Stig-like" roles in a colourful leather racing suit, as the BBC holds the rights to the all-white suit and helmet image which signified the Stig on Top Gear, it has been reported.

Collins said that he was "delighted" to join the Fifth Gear team.

awesome news, will only make fifth gear even better :cheers:

The 'stig' character is old hat now, not in the remotest bit funny or entertaining anymore. It's been done, just put A.N.OTHER racing driver in the hot seat and forget the silly suit :cheers:

He'll coem in really handy to test drive audi A1s and other such tripe. Too many racing drivers and not enough proper driving on the show (the shootouts are the only bit he'd come in handy for)

do you watch the same show???

whatever Jason, Tiff or Vicky test is always driven 'properly'.........and that's normally 2/3's of the show!!!!!

TBH I very rarely watch it, especuially on C5, mostly just catch it on Dave, where the fat man and ex Max power idiot drive small cars round towns and one of the other 3 do 2 time trial laps in a fast car, and then there is usually a stunt of some kind like ride a motorbike down santa pod or time trials in a motorbike and side car etc

i think fifth gear will benefit from someone like Ben Collins it'll raise the profile abit more, don't get me wrong i love top gear it's really funny but it's wearing abit thin, I would like to see some proper road tests and I'd hope fifth gear stick to their philosophy and don't loose their way.