mp3/mp4 players

eetaylog

Are there any decent mp3/4 players out there? Looking for a decent one for the missus for christmas and all i can find are the usual Arcos, Creative and Belkin crap (all of which ive had experience with and are very cheap and nasty with useless file navigation). She wants one with a standard windows drag and drop file system as Apple products are too niggly for her to organise a lot of her files, so ipods arent an option.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Are there any decent mp3/4 players out there? Looking for a decent one for the missus for christmas and all i can find are the usual Arcos, Creative and Belkin crap (all of which ive had experience with and are very cheap and nasty with useless file navigation). She wants one with a standard windows drag and drop file system as Apple products are too niggly for her to organise a lot of her files, so ipods arent an option.

Can anyone recommend anything?

could you be more specific about your requirements?

are you chasing something along the same size wise as the Acro players? smaller or larger possible?

price range?

does it have to be running windows or do you just mean something that is "like" the windows setup?

I know you said no to Apple stuff, but with iPhone 4's and iPod Touches you can get the VLC Player for them from the App Store for free and it's literally drag and drop any files, and they all work.

No need to convert all the videos to Quicktime movies, etc.

Its mainly for audio that she wants drag and drop though. shes got a lot of audio books that she listens to and ipods just mess everything up because of all the database fields it uses to order everything. Good tip though, ill be downloading that app for myself.

could you be more specific about your requirements?

are you chasing something along the same size wise as the Acro players? smaller or larger possible?

price range?

does it have to be running windows or do you just mean something that is "like" the windows setup?

• Size isnt too much of an issue, as long as its not a brick as she will be using it when shes down the gym as well.

• Price doesnt really matter too much, as long as the quality and ease of use is there. To be honest its not that important that it plays video either, so it could just be an mp3 player.

• No, it doesnt have to run windows, just as long as it uses a windows style file structure so that folders can be dropped into it from a windows machine, and the navigation on the mp3 player is the same/similar. Basically its all to make it as easy as possible for bint to use.

Edited by eetaylog

I know you said no to Apple stuff, but with iPhone 4's and iPod Touches you can get the VLC Player for them from the App Store for free and it's literally drag and drop any files, and they all work.

Its mainly for audio that she wants drag and drop though. shes got a lot of audio books that she listens to and ipods just mess everything up because of all the database fields it uses to order everything. Good tip though, ill be downloading that app for myself.

Well be a gentleman and sort out all the audio files for her.

Simples :)

I was going to suggest a microsoft zune, but that would have its own problems with using software to put files on.

What about a phone/mp3 player combo? One less thing to carry.

yeah the thought occured to me. Are HTC's available on pay as you go? Can tghey be unlocked to run her existing orange sim?

Well be a gentleman and sort out all the audio files for her.

Simples :)

Believe me, it would all end in tears when she tries to use the software herself. which she will!

• Size isnt too much of an issue, as long as its not a brick as she will be using it when shes down the gym as well.

• Price doesnt really matter too much, as long as the quality and ease of use is there. To be honest its not that important that it plays video either, so it could just be an mp3 player.

• No, it doesnt have to run windows, just as long as it uses a windows style file structure so that folders can be dropped into it from a windows machine, and the navigation on the mp3 player is the same/similar. Basically its all to make it as easy as possible for bint to use.

Samsung Galaxy S?

Use windows basis filing.

added benefit of being a mobile phone and having wifi too.... which is handy if yoour gyms offer free wifi like my locals do.

Edited by shawdreamer