Excel Wizards

geordie_aaron

Ok guys, with an upcoming redundancy>Job change Moneys going to get slightly tighter for a month or two whilst the commissions and DD STO dates change so i've wacked up a excel sheet and spent a fair while remembering forumlaes, i just need one more now. and my heads done in with it.

could you's have a look at the below and pointer towards the answer?

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/26617.jpg

Ok, so i would like......

if #1(c19) drops below 1000 (<1000) to increase #2 (c17) to 1000.

i'm sure it's a =SUMIF form but for the life of me i can't find anything about it......

thanks in advance - hope i've made that simple enough...

edit: just noticed i've put 'nikkis bank' it's meant to be Mortgage Account. would be nice if it was that though ey lads!!

Edited by geordie_aaron

yeah on our pay days we both put half the money needed for bills. but i want this to show that for argument sake - i stop putting £150 a month in Fuel in the car, that the money i save will then be 'made up' for into emergency so i'm always paying the same money in.

yeah i could just do the maths on a calculator - but i've been wanting to get back into computers lately and this is what i WAS good at so i want everything to run and look spot on lol

Actually, you dont need that. I have set up a quick spreadsheet...

A1 = "Arron Acc"

A2 = "Mortgage Acc"

A3 = Total

B1 = 500

B2 = 500

B3 = =sum(B1:B2)

C2= =IF(B3<1000,(1000-B1),500)

What that does is it looks at the total (B3), and if B3<1000 then it sets C2 to whatever normally comes out of this account plus the difference between the total and 1000

You could double check though by adding B4 = New Total and C4 = C2+B1