Spigot rings

Rob01

think of them basically as centre wheel spacers.

that's basically what their designed to do.

they relieve the amount of stress placed upon the wheel nuts in regards to holding the wheel centre to the hub when the wheel is non standard to the vehicle.

Have you ever placed a alloy onto your hubs and had to physically manhandle it to the centre of the hub before even lining it up with the fixing points? (the problem is more obvious on vauxhalls and other similar types that use wheel bolts and not nuts like fords)....spigot rings eliminate that issue.

They get the wheel to fit onto the hub, you would get a lot of vibration other wise.

My car doesn't have any as standard on the driving wheels, can't say it's a good thing but it doesn't cause vibrations.

It doesnt allways mean there will be vibration if you dont use them... it just reduces the likelyhood greatly that there will be any with aftermarket wheels due to fitment issues, it also as said reduces irregular stesses on the fitment bolts/studs.

They get the wheel to fit onto the hub, you would get a lot of vibration other wise.

My car doesn't have any as standard on the driving wheels, can't say it's a good thing but it doesn't cause vibrations.

It doesnt allways mean there will be vibration if you dont use them... it just reduces the likelyhood greatly that there will be any with aftermarket wheels due to fitment issues, it also as said reduces irregular stesses on the fitment bolts/studs.

Couldn't agree more. We run a Cossie that has 413BHP and his spigots don't reach these fancy wheels he wanted and he's still using it? I think he's nuts, can't believe those studs haven't snapped yet (Even don't reach on the rear wheels)

Crazy! If you can afford a 400+bhp cossie - you can afford to get your damn wheels fitted properly. :eek:

I once ran an old XR2 with big wheels and no spigots - even with the right conical wheelnuts (you'd expect the wheel to self centre) it drove like shite. At high speeds it felt like your weights had dropped off.

Crazy! If you can afford a 400+bhp cossie - you can afford to get your damn wheels fitted properly. :eek:

I once ran an old XR2 with big wheels and no spigots - even with the right conical wheelnuts (you'd expect the wheel to self centre) it drove like shite. At high speeds it felt like your weights had dropped off.

I have said this many of times. I love Cossie's one of my favourite motors but, if he asked me to drive it, i wouldn't, he likes bodging things aswell, which is a shame seeing as the engine is lovely, which he might of killed now revving it to 7500RPM on hydraulic lifters for some reason, think the power drops off at just before 7000 anyway.