Could anyone help me with fitting a new clutch

Neil-Serenade

Correct mate, i know its a long shot and alot to ask but like i said, cant blame a guy for trying. Ive read everyones replies and i cant thank them enough but im still as clueless as i was before lol :nutter: Im more than willing to get hands nice and dirty and learn along the way.

You may have been wise to ask straight out, you may have got a quicker response, but good luck with it anyway mate :thumb:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could that would be brilliant. Someone on another forum said get the car to 40mph with high revs, push clutch pedal right down, same with accelorator and the revs will go higher and then take foot off clutch and if they go back to normal quick then there isn't a problem.

• 2 months later...
Morning all. I posted this thread a few months back and mar_k very kindly offered to help me but he hasn't been on here for over a month so i dont know if anyone has a contact number/email address for him but if there is anyone else local to Bristol who could help me fit it that would be much appreciated. Cheers again.

Morning all. I posted this thread a few months back and mar_k very kindly offered to help me but he hasn't been on here for over a month so i dont know if anyone has a contact number/email address for him but if there is anyone else local to Bristol who could help me fit it that would be much appreciated. Cheers again.

Send him a PM, or i think he is on passion ford too...

I did send him a PM but have checked his account a few times and last time he was on here was 13th October. Dont suppose there is anyone else local to Bristol who could give me a hand? Cheers again.

You haven't changed your clutch yet? :jaw: I guess your not using the car then? lol as your plate and fly wheel would be toast by now he he (and the car wouldn't move). I would gladly give you a hand mate if Bristol wasn't about 4 hours drive away! :huh:

Good luck getting someone to put one in with you - the worst thing is getting to the clutch - the easy part is changing it :blink:

I was told the clutch was starting to slip when i had a service done a while back but to this day i didnt feel a thing. The car drives and changes gears like it always has. Like i said i would attempt it myself but i haven't a clue what i would be doing so isn't worth the car being in bits. Appreciated the offer though. Cheers

Sounds to me then that the clutch isn't going? As soon as mine started to go i could feel it straight away as when in 4th and say pulling up a hill the rev's would increase like i was wheel spinning as i was losing traction and drive through the clutch plate.

If it was slipping trust me you would know about it! Sounds to me like you have been dealt some duff info there mate - if it was a garage that did the service did they offer to change it for you for loads of dosh ??? Hence you wanting to do it yourself?

Edited by stEVO-Cabby

My thoughts exactley. It was at a Peugeot dealer where i had a service that they flagged it up. but like i said, i cant feel anything different. They didnt offer to do it at all, just said it was starting to slip. I did get a second opinion and they said the same and think they wanted around £250. If i can save money doing it myself or having assistance then i would. Incidently, the same garage mentioned the problem of a high clutch pedal on my grandads car but when he took it to the dealer where he purchased it from, they said it was supposed to be like that.