My ST24 now

stevmo3691

Shame your so far away from me, I would helped sort the front end out.

If your looking at sprayguns. If you can afford it look on eBay for a decent devilbiss gti, prob looking around £80-100 for a second Hand one, as you can use it for the basecoat and clear laquer. Primer wise I your going down the 2k route which would be better, you need a gun with a 1.6 set up in it, as that will give a better build to the primer.

One thing I would say as your doing it in your drive, just be carefull with 2k, as it dangerous stuff with the isocyonates it contains, you would ideally need an airfed mask and plenty of ventulation. Or ideally find a workshop to paint it in would be better. As last thing you want is neighbours complaining of the smell and fumes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your looking at sprayguns. If you can afford it look on eBay for a decent devilbiss gti, prob looking around £80-100 for a second Hand one, as you can use it for the basecoat and clear laquer. Primer wise I your going down the 2k route which would be better, you need a gun with a 1.6 set up in it, as that will give a better build to the primer.

One thing I would say as your doing it in your drive, just be carefull with 2k, as it dangerous stuff with the isocyonates it contains, you would ideally need an airfed mask and plenty of ventulation. Or ideally find a workshop to paint it in would be better. As last thing you want is neighbours complaining of the smell and fumes.

Well I'll see if I can borrow a friends spray gun as he does spraying etc although painting is a long way off atm as first I need to get remains of stickers off, get a DA sander to sand it all down, replace the o/s rear wheel arch and possibly outer sill as well as dent repair etc with our good friend filler :D

I'll just keep trying to sort the front out as its also annoying trying to get the panels to line up properly as bonnets off one car, wings off another and hinges for bonnet off yet another as well as not sure exactly how straight this car is following bump and if when original bonnet bent and moved whether it pushed the other wing. Body work isnt my strong suit but I like to learn new skills - hate paying other people to do things i'm willing to try :)

Also I don't get on with my neighbours so dont care about them :D They smashed my mums cars windscreen just cant prove it

Well I'll see if I can borrow a friends spray gun as he does spraying etc although painting is a long way off atm as first I need to get remains of stickers off, get a DA sander to sand it all down, replace the o/s rear wheel arch and possibly outer sill as well as dent repair etc with our good friend filler :D

I'll just keep trying to sort the front out as its also annoying trying to get the panels to line up properly as bonnets off one car, wings off another and hinges for bonnet off yet another as well as not sure exactly how straight this car is following bump and if when original bonnet bent and moved whether it pushed the other wing. Body work isnt my strong suit but I like to learn new skills - hate paying other people to do things i'm willing to try :)

Also I don't get on with my neighbours so dont care about them :D They smashed my mums cars windscreen just cant prove it

fair enough mate.

With the front of the car. If you've know some one with the same car, what you could do is use a trammel gauge to take measurements of his, and check it against your it will give an idication of how far out the front is, indicativing what's moved and why panels are not lineing up. Trammel gauge are fairly easy to make.

Link for trammel gauge.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc...GX6cubneUkYM0dw

Just let me know when your ready mate the offers there of help.

fair enough mate.

With the front of the car. If you've know some one with the same car, what you could do is use a trammel gauge to take measurements of his, and check it against your it will give an idication of how far out the front is, indicativing what's moved and why panels are not lineing up. Trammel gauge are fairly easy to make.

Link for trammel gauge.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc...GX6cubneUkYM0dw

Just let me know when your ready mate the offers there of help.

cheers for the offer. problem is most of my friends have mk3's now :(