What p****s you off?

smithyandco

I offered a TV on a site called Freecycle (give away stuff, collect free stuff and ask if people have wanted stuff hanging around in a garage) - Pretty cool site, got an M reg Fiesta off the Stoke one once with tax and mot!

Anyway, the TV... It's a 28" Sony CRT with Freeview and even a Sony stand.

I got around 40 responses from people wanting the TV, great! So I contacted one at random who couldn't wait to take the TV home but then started questioning where the bus routes were around my area... After explaining it's a little big and heavy for the bus he gave up and I contacted another.

Everything seemed fine with number 2, collection date and time arranged but then a message "It's too much for me to get a taxi to your house, could you deliver?" (I had explained in previous contact I could not deliver as I rode a motorbike and had no car...).

Number 3, could you post it via a courier, here's my address... Urm no.

Number 4, Is it HD? Of course! 1080p LED 3D! oh and I lied about the 28" bit... it's really a 60"! - Seriously..??

Number 5, I've changed my mind, I want something bigger.

Number 6, Arranged time and date... Great! No show!

It's a free TV for feck sake! If I had a car I would take it to the Cash Converters style place in Dewsbury as the daft tawts would give me £30 for it!

Now awaiting the response to number 7!

So anyway... what grinds your gears?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean! :nutter:

There are so many things that Pee me off, only little, small things that no-one else would probably think about, one of them is when i hear people say "More quickly" or "more easily" IT'S QUICKER OR EASIER! They're a couple of examples.

People in shops, wont bring that thread back up again.

Kids, too noisy and don't do as they're told.

People that phone you that are called Geoff that are blatently from India.

Customers e.g - sold a Race Saxo to a bloke which was running perfectly, he took it to bits, then it wouldn't run right and he wanted his money back "Go Fcuk yourself."

As you can see, i'm not very people friendly.

Good ranting smithy. People are cnuts.

Ahm, I'm quite sure in some circumstances it's correct to say "more quickly" or "more easily" :-\

'He removed the bottom ball joint from the lower arm as it allowed him to access the pinch bolt more easily' or 'allowed him to more easily access the pinch bolt'. Easier would, IMO, be incorrect in that sentence structure. You could say '....allowed him easier access to the pinch bolt'. I don't think any wouldbe wong.

I'm no English teacher so someone smarter (more smart :roll: ) might be able to clarify.

I see your point, but it still pi55es me off. I think its how it sounds compared to saying it without the "more" just sounds like a five year old had said it IMO.

Furthermore phones that think they're smart and correct the spelling you didn't want them too.

Furthermore phones that think they're smart and correct the spelling you didn't want them too.

And phones that make you double post fail.

Yeah, that irritates me somewhat.

On Windows Phone 7 the text "P**s off you tawt!" comes back as "Loss off you test!" which never seems to have the desired effect. But I guess I shouldn't be such a passive aggressive cynthia (my phones spelling correction for cnut).

At least all phones with predictive or suggestive text are not immune to this issue.

fat people whinging about how hard their life is because their fat........................ stop feckin eatin then you fat c*nts!!

Every other program on sky right now seems to be "a year to save my life"...."help I'm a blob"..... "weight busters"...... "feck me you weigh how much???", ok granted I dont recall the exact show names but you get the idea.

whats worse, they seem to be scheduled for Tea time so your sat there about to tuck into your Tea and on the screen comes this behemoth, undulating, never ending rolls of fat waste of human existence person sobbing about having a hard life, you try and contain your composure about their entirely self inflicted pathetic problem and instead turn your attention to enjoying your meal........

Then the show producers dress them in Lycra (that never covers everything) and starts them along a series of slow motion montages showing them wobbling, jiggling and generally sweating their way through power squats and long distance runs along uneven ground cobble mountain paths..... your appetite is gone faster than you can get up and reach for the remote.

Id like to suggest a change of format to these show producers....... "A Bolt Gun to save the country money"

fat people whinging about how hard their life is because their fat........................ stop feckin eatin then you fat c*nts!!

Every other program on sky right now seems to be "a year to save my life"...."help I'm a blob"..... "weight busters"...... "feck me you weigh how much???", ok granted I dont recall the exact show names but you get the idea.

whats worse, they seem to be scheduled for Tea time so your sat there about to tuck into your Tea and on the screen comes this behemoth, undulating, never ending rolls of fat waste of human existence person sobbing about having a hard life, you try and contain your composure about their entirely self inflicted pathetic problem and instead turn your attention to enjoying your meal........

Then the show producers dress them in Lycra (that never covers everything) and starts them along a series of slow motion montages showing them wobbling, jiggling and generally sweating their way through power squats and long distance runs along uneven ground cobble mountain paths..... your appetite is gone faster than you can get up and reach for the remote.

Id like to suggest a change of format to these show producers....... "A Bolt Gun to save the country money"

This. LOL

The indian accent (when speaking English)

Rude people. Manners cost nothing.

The Scouse, always trying to post condescending statements and have an inability to be funny.

The Southerners, always trying to respond to condescending statements and have the inability to get jokes. :P

The Scouse, always trying to post condescending statements and have an inability to be funny.

The Southerners, always trying to respond to condescending statements and have the inability to get jokes. :P

The English..... in general.

:roll: