• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first race.

Any idea on the timings of the day? I missed that bit earlier

Timings online here

BTCC Race 2 at 14:17

BTCC Race 3 at 17:05

Been some good racing at Brands Hatch today, making me want to go see them at Oulton Park later in the year.

Unsurprisingly, coverage on the MG forums has been quite extensive, Plato did damn well even if he did, you know, punt someone off. Par for the course, I guess.

Hm, you probably don't want to watch it then. Lots of knocking each other about. Neal and Plato up to their usual tricks.

All makes for good viewing.

Thats where i disagree, punting off isn't good viewing, nor is it good racing, it's cheating, forget "Rubbin's racin' " and all that shite, it isn't, it's cheating, the best drivers didn't nudge each other.

The best drivers? Who are you referring to? Given that the previous two BTCC champions openly admitted to knocking each other around in the last race alone?

If the cars can take it, and the guy behind is fast enough to get that close in the first place, what harms done? Would you rather something boring like DRS or KERS?

The best drivers? Who are you referring to? Given that the previous two BTCC champions openly admitted to knocking each other around in the last race alone?

If the cars can take it, and the guy behind is fast enough to get that close in the first place, what harms done? Would you rather something boring like DRS or KERS?

Gerry Marshall, Mark Hales, Steve Rouse.

Because people in club racing think it's a good idea and it doubles our expendature. If racing wasn't expensive enough already, now we've got to replace body panels too? No, bollox.

No, the best drivers should be able to get past without punting the guy in front off, that is by far from real racing, that shows that anyone with a car fast enough can take the win, as all they have to do is knock everyone off.

This, is BTCC at it's best, this, is real racing. I've watched this video so many times.

Supposed to be Steve Soper, Andy Rouse.

Edited by Ahmotorsport

Why does that overtaking seem scripted, I think rouse let him past a few times just to show him what happens when he puts his foot right down (or uses some kind of boost button)

I think he just got intimidated and when it starts raining your lines go out the window and you've gotta be daring enough to go for the wet one :pancake:

Gerry Marshall, Mark Hales, Steve Rouse.

Because people in club racing think it's a good idea and it doubles our expendature. If racing wasn't expensive enough already, now we've got to replace body panels too? No, bollox.

No, the best drivers should be able to get past without punting the guy in front off, that is by far from real racing, that shows that anyone with a car fast enough can take the win, as all they have to do is knock everyone off.

This, is BTCC at it's best, this, is real racing. I've watched this video so many times.

Supposed to be Steve Soper, Andy Rouse.

this is better