Water leak......

Billkent22

Right got this weird water leak, ive never seen it on a scort before but maybe ive just been lucky....

Anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it, im guessing its where the seals gone weak or something.....

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/billkent22/8166824f.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/billkent22/ea651b36.jpg

worth checking your window seal too, if its not seated properly or deteriorated in anyway excessive water can run down the window and drain out the door interior (as it should normally) but excessive water can force its way backwards against the seal and into the cab.

Im not having much luck finding this so far! And with all this awsome rain its not good!

Ive checked the whole seal, no splits

Ive checked the screen seals, look good to me

Also theres no water between the top seal ans the one that seals the door so what i suspect is the water thats coming in is the water running down the door and collecting on the sill, just cant understand how or how to bloody fix it!

Im not having much luck finding this so far! And with all this awsome rain its not good!

Ive checked the whole seal, no splits

Ive checked the screen seals, look good to me

Also theres no water between the top seal ans the one that seals the door so what i suspect is the water thats coming in is the water running down the door and collecting on the sill, just cant understand how or how to bloody fix it!

check top part of door is sealing against roof door tops are quite easy to bend out of shape (especially if someone has had to break in levering door top out )just a thought :thumb:

• 1 month later...

--------FIX---------

Just want to let everyone know how this was resolved as im sure it may help some of you in the future.

It was as some of you did mention the door membraine.

I took the door card off and found that the door had been sprayed at some point ( with the membraine removed) this ment that they over sprayed onto the sealent causing it not to seal the membraine to the door.

So i cleaned it sll up and sealed it back up with some wurth stuff! All good

Bill

Thanks for posting this always nice to know that a problem has been solved and how.

I agree.

The amount of topics that die as soon as the person fixes the problem but dont post as to what that fix was, you find your self doing a search and finding someone with your symptoms and you keep scrolling going, 'yes yes this looks like it' then theres no final resolve :nutter: