can

martinw17

They won't be plug and play, but you can retrofit electric rear windows, you'd be better off with an after market kit, also mounting the door switches could be a problem (unless you like hacking at door panels or don't want passengers in the rear to be able to use them)

thanks be easier not to have rear switches something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRIC-POWER-W...f#ht_1670wt_715

or couldnt i get the motors from cabri and manually wire up if wouldnt be to hard thanks and use switch from cabri as well thanks

its a lot of arsing around for power windows in a bit of the car you don't sit in

Its also trickie as the rear doors were never designed to accomodate electric window motors and runners which means the door cavity's are cramped to say the least, you can use the aftermarket single rail runners that take up limited room but its still very tight and awkward.

Even for someone like me who likes nothing more than making these awkward little mods work and coming up with new inventive (at the risk of blowing my own trumpet) ways of accomplishing unique results and methods its a bit to much feckin about for limited return.

its a lot of arsing around for power windows in a bit of the car you don't sit in

Its also trickie as the rear doors were never designed to accomodate electric window motors and runners which means the door cavity's are cramped to say the least, you can use the aftermarket single rail runners that take up limited room but its still very tight and awkward.

Even for someone like me who likes nothing more than making these awkward little mods work and coming up with new inventive (at the risk of blowing my own trumpet) ways of accomplishing unique results and methods its a bit to much feckin about for limited return.

yes unique... indervidual no?

yes unique... indervidual no?

erm.... I didn't refer to anything as individual there?

So am I right in thinking that no mk6 ever had rear electric windows?

I played with them in my previous Si but never got a satisfying enough result with them to make a thread entry in my SUYM, think I still have the progress pics in one of my old HDD's if I can be arsed lookin.

I played with them in my previous Si but never got a satisfying enough result with them to make a thread entry in my SUYM, think I still have the progress pics in one of my old HDD's if I can be arsed lookin.

Im sure you have plenty of one of mods, infact ive seen them all, well the ones you post, but I meant out the factory?

Im sure you have plenty of one of mods, infact ive seen them all, well the ones you post, but I meant out the factory?

No you'd be wrong as usual

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t87/allbluecab/IMGA0669.jpg

I was too slow editing that... i think its hell week for me or something

No you'd be wrong as usual

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t87/allbluecab/IMGA0669.jpg

I was too slow editing that... i think its hell week for me or something

wrong about what exactly? your being proper confuddling tonight.... wrong that they'd be a one off?, no one said they would be, wrong because they were/weren't factory fitted?, Naylor was asking not implying, wrong about the cavity issues maybe?, I distinctively recall loosing both knuckle skin and using various swear words from my more than plentiful vocabulary during the project. ;(

I also didn't say it was impossible, just a ballache given that even after achieving a satisfying movement quality I was left with either placing the switch in a not so pretty location in the door panel, a out of place position in the rear of the centre console or remolding the rear card to give it a more natural position (which wouldn't have really arsed me that much as it needed the winder hole disappearing and panel recovering to make clean and pretty anyway)....... I just ran out of "canbearsedness" and I had the scooby blue Mk6 Mexico needing attention along with taking Phils black Mistrell onboard too.

I know the cabby came with rear electrics, its already mentioned in the topic, I was just surprised that no other 3dr 5dr did...out the factory.

Still I think your opinion of me has dropped anyway, this is obviously how its gonna be.

We've been thru this before - South American 5 door Mk6s had rear E/W galore.