Game Lag

Ahmotorsport

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect your graphics card is probably the only thing that isn't creating a bottleneck when playing an online shooter.

Don't roll back your graphics driver if you're sure it hasn't changed :-\

Intel i3 CPU/Mobo/4-8gb RAM combos come in at £170-ish these days. It'd be light night and day.

Just weird how it's all of a sudden started doing it. Fine one day, cr4p the next.

I suppose if i'm spending that much it may be worth getting a new computer? If i'm upgrading that much it'd be silly not to put Windows 7 on it.

If i were to remove the Dedicated graphics card and run it on the integrated that would eliminate a graphics card if it was the same wouldn't it? Not that i don't believe you that it's probably the CPU, just worth a try no?

Edited by Ahmotorsport

Worth a try.

If you decide to go for a new machine give me a shout. I can probably get one through work and prep it for you (Windows 7 etc) for a really good price.

Thanks very much. Finished college basically and with moving unit I may even have a paid job so I i can take you up on that! Cheers.

Edited by Ahmotorsport

Ditch AVG and get Microsoft Security Essentials for a start.

Why can't they all work the same. I'll let it finish.

Also i downloaded a temp reader, stupidly it doesn't say what sensors they are and i can't give you accurate ranges as they keep varying from one end of the scale to the other.

Temp 1 - 51 degrees (that one is stable there)

Temp 2 - Between 24-57 (varying constantly)

Temp 3 - 37

HD0 - 46

Temp 1 - 51 degrees

And it says my CPU useage is 80% - 100% which i presume also isn't good.

I currently have AVG running along with Itunes, Chrome and the programme i'm using to read the temperature.

Fan 1 - 3245RPM

Fan 2 - 2722RPM

Fan 3 - 0

Now, i didn't know i had three fans, so is it just saying 0 because there isn't one, or i've missed one that isn't working?

I know the one attached to the CPU works and the one to the casing. They're the only ones i know of.

Two minutes later CPU useage - 50% and the temps all have ticks next to them all under the 50 degree mark? What the hell? Nothing's changed! xD

You sound like you have to many startup tasks running.

start / run / type msconfig then select the startup tag to see whats running.

80% cpu is too high.

I can remote into your pc if you wish, just let me know (I am a trusted IT support but only if you wish me to have a look)?

If you do, download teamviewer and run it, you will get an ID and a password.

You can pm me both if you want me to check it all out for you.

the temps are only as good as the sensors, so its really the delta t ( change in temperature ) you need to measure.

Righto. So what the second sensor is measuring could be problematic as it's ranging so much all the time? it's going from over cooled to red hot in a matter of seconds (even if i'm literally just sitting here and looking at the screen)

I think the last sensor i showed is an average of the computer as when minimized it says "49" in the bottom icon corner and when it changes to 48 or 50 so does the last sensor.

You sound like you have to many startup tasks running.

start / run / type msconfig then select the startup tag to see whats running.

80% cpu is too high.

I can remote into your pc if you wish, just let me know (I am a trusted IT support but only if you wish me to have a look)?

If you do, download teamviewer and run it, you will get an ID and a password.

You can pm me both if you want me to check it all out for you.

I've just done that and clicked on the startup tab and yeah, there are loads, there are a good 20 items in there.

I'm quite happy for you to do that. That's a shame, i have LogMeIn already installed. I shall go and download that.

what motherboard and processor do you have

Intel premium 4 CPU 3GHZ Processor

Trying to find the actual name of the motherboard but it's a Foxccon MX something or other, i'll keep looking.

Before I remote can you do a few things to increase the speed I can work at. change your theme to basic with no wallpaper.

close anything like itunes, chrome, msn so no programs running.

Dont put the teamviewer id up here in public.

Okie dokey. Just trying to find motherboard name.