New ST 300mm disks for the MK3 Mondeo calliper setup

Naylor2006

So I need to replace my front disks, I have the 'How to' guided MK3 Mondeo calliper and ST170 300mm disk but when calling to order said disk and asked to confirm size i've been told that the disk is 278mm or something but I swear that isnt right.

Am I asking for the wrong thing?

Anyone recommend where to get new disks from and how much they usually are, I didnt ask on the first phone call as it was the wrong part anyway.

hang on i only bought you discs with the calipers etc only last year now you have to replace them? how come discs usually last a good 60-80,000 miles!

Not from wear mate, currently I have symptoms that suggest my offside disk warped mate, so I'd have to change both if it is the case. I'm hoping it's something that needs removing and refitting, had new drive shafts start of the month you see.

You can hear and feel the offside disk on each rotation, I'm just gettin prepared in case I do need new ones.

Strange matey have you thought about disc skimming? Cheaper alternative and there are some places that come to you to do it. They remove lateral movement and make the disc like new!

Yeh, ive thought about that, depends on price and stuff.

Im hoping its been my mistake or something has worked loose, just before the Ford Fair I fitted new drive shafts and lower arms so disc's, callipers and lower arms all taken apart and assembled again, think I noticed it on the was back from the Ford Fair, 450 miles I did that weekend, everything was as tight as it could be before I left but its a possibility, cant imagine why a disc would just warp though. Anyways, monday week itll all be taken off and checked out.

I often do this, post so I know my options before I have to make a decision so save time, always learning.