non ford sorry

etrebus

well took off the head toay to find that the liners had been bashing against the head and wrecked it in doing this the liners have also been bashing into the block so i have a engine with internals that are like new but the block is scrap ,so changing the engine tommorow :(

done it today .lowererd block and gearbox(surprised me as it was a fiesta gearbox??) built up new engine but left off aircon and the bracket for the altenater and exhaust manifold. lifted it up from below was a bit tight and i broke the oil pressure switch i would recommend removing the front cross member or removing power steering pump (but pump looks tricky to fit it back)then i think it would fly in easier

it was ford that bought out rover and closed them down so im not suprised you found a few blue oval bits under there! might explain why rovers hate going into reverse as much as fords do!

also spotted the ecu plug is vw and the rad fan connector is bmw lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well took off the head toay to find that the liners had been bashing against the head and wrecked it in doing this the liners have also been bashing into the block so i have a engine with internals that are like new but the block is scrap ,so changing the engine tommorow :(

done it today .lowererd block and gearbox(surprised me as it was a fiesta gearbox??) built up new engine but left off aircon and the bracket for the altenater and exhaust manifold. lifted it up from below was a bit tight and i broke the oil pressure switch i would recommend removing the front cross member or removing power steering pump (but pump looks tricky to fit it back)then i think it would fly in easier

it was ford that bought out rover and closed them down so im not suprised you found a few blue oval bits under there! might explain why rovers hate going into reverse as much as fords do!

also spotted the ecu plug is vw and the rad fan connector is bmw lol

I noticed the same when i was doing the head gasket on my friends 200 BRM :pancake:

it evan melted the cam cover and distorted it so much it was rubbing the cam belt . its also strange that i cant budge the liners one bit they are stuck . so block must have expanded to let them smack the head then contracted tro lock them back again was hoping to get them out to have a look :thumb: