My 'Money Pit'

Andy 3i

Apparently not, should raise the compression. I've also had oversized pistons :)

Yeah, but it need very precise timing then :D and also 98 Unleaded ..what power can this make?

With a healthy engine, de-cat and suitable remap it might be knocking on 150bhp. Yes it will need SUL.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and get it on as soon as I can, but with recent issues the car my girlfriend gas been giving me grief :roll: I'm hoping for it to be on next week (and hopefully running). We will see if running higher compression and 2.0 injectors rather than 1.8 ones will make a difference :)

Oh stu - define healthy engine? One with good compression etc?

I like the yellow against the red stands out.

Yeah, I think that's why I decided in yellow. I was half tempted to have it red but I thought it was too much red...plus I have yellow calipers :)

andy why is it still in bits??? not like you to ditch it for the girlfriend

Because it makes for an easier life :roll:

I got round to putting the gasket on the inlet...and now it doesn't idle at 4k! :). The other thing I have noticed is that it's not at all lumpy like it used to be...I'm guessing my cam timing was slightly out before (also rather broken). Detonation wasn't so bad this evening but I'm still going to wait and put some better fuel in :). Hopefully it's on the road to recovery!

The only snag I have now is that if you take the car high in the revs - 4.5-5k for example...it sometimes dies. The revs drop right off and the rev counter goes to nothing...dip the clutch and it fires right back into life (not bump starting). It's almost like you've put on pause ?(. Once it's running it might have a spaz and run at 3k for about 3-4 mins or it can be perfectly fine. Don't suppose it's something anyone has ever come across?