My 'Money Pit'

Andy 3i

Quality! yep a bit different, still looks great! my god do I love this car! I'll admit I used to have your sig as my phone wallpaper :wub:

i really should get some escos wheels

Thanks mate :). /I didnt think anyone liked it that much :P

Once the rust is taken care of that will look spot on.

Its getting a bit ripe, but hopefully will be sorted soon :)

I love it!!!

I always used to look at it in your sig years ago when i first signed up here!

Im glad to see it back again! :thumb:

Thanks Mate :thumb:

very nice,doesnt look like it needs a respray,but that arch looks like it needs attention?

The nearside arch has a fairly nasty scrape which was there when i bought it...but now its starting to bubble...as is the other one :(

Looks spot o andy, i take it your keeping it radiant red? i wonder if that backbox is the same one that came off my mk5 turbo? (that tez bought off me) :thumb:

It'll be staying red yeah :). Ermm...as for that i couldn't tell you :unsure: Possibly it could be...unbranded jobby. Cheers mate...hope it doesnt look topo much like your old one :P

wouldnt think how bad that paint looked 2-3 weeks ago hopefully no more messing about with wiring etc.. i still think it needs to be a tad lower its going to be weird not seeing you drive round in the rat look cars but thank god you finally got this done after me telling you to crack on for the last 4 years

No more wiring I hope...ive put everything back together! Kickpanels and its sorted :)

very nice,doesnt look like it needs a respray,but that arch looks like it needs attention?

Sorry to be finding fault in beauty, but where am i looking ref the arches, I can't see anything?? There's a grey mark / paint splash on the lower back corner of the driver's door, but can't see anything on the arches????????

The Arches are bubbling...pictures dont really show it tho ;). The drivers door has a scrape and the edge is dented :(

I remember when this was a fairly bog standard 1400... many many moons ago, nice to see it again

Many moons ago indeed! Still got your wingbacks in it!

Very nice,really really like it.any pics from the interior and engine?

None of the interior yet...just Si wingbacks with XR3i dials and steering wheel etc. Engine is just a 2.0 zetec budddy :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been driving it for 2 days now...water leak and 2 cv boots split :(. Grrrrr. The biggest issue I've got is arch scrub...is this common when running cossie wheels or is it just my shocks are shot?

cossie wheels

Roll your rear arches

That's the plan for when I get them de rusted :). Until then I'm just going to grin and bear it and look fir some new shocks because its pretty boaty...although I have been driving a slammed dub the last 2 years :/

I like it!

That's a big ol' dustbin hanging out the back!

Thanks mate :). Yeah, it's a bit big to be honest :P. it's bloody loud too!

I didn't think they caused that many problems to be honest. Serves me right for not researching more. I'm hoping if I get some nice new shocks it will stop scrubbing...plus ill have the arches rolled at some point I hope. Failing that smaller tyres :)

didnt naylor have 195/45s stretched over his cossie rims? Looked the mutts nutts but I wouldn't be happy lol each to their own

I didn't think they caused that many problems to be honest. Serves me right for not researching more. I'm hoping if I get some nice new shocks it will stop scrubbing...plus ill have the arches rolled at some point I hope. Failing that smaller tyres :)

didnt naylor have 195/45s stretched over his cossie rims? Looked the mutts nutts but I wouldn't be happy lol each to their own but they do look stunning!