Air Induction Kit

roboboyo

I think it's all down to personal choice in my opinion it's probably better for label filter as the air box does fill all that space or a nice big cone. If you really want an induction kit best ones are enclosed filters like piper cross viper or maybe a bmc cda etc

chances are the standard ford air intake setup with a good qaulity filter in it will function much more efficiently than any but the best aftermarket induction kits which probably only match the standard unit for efficiency.

Its really more of a "look" option than a "practical" option afaik.

I think it's all down to personal choice in my opinion it's probably better for label filter as the air box does fill all that space or a nice big cone. If you really want an induction kit best ones are enclosed filters like piper cross viper or maybe a bmc cda etc

Yeah, thats it, even the above filters give zero performance gain but cost £250, wheras a 57i is cheaper and again gives no gain, a panel filter gives no gain but may improve noise slightly and only needs to be cleaned anually rather than replaced.

But, the cost of a paper filter from the factors once a year for a few years will be cheaper than buying and maintaining a piperx element. Drilling holes in the bottom of the airbox gives improved noise and is free. Do that

i dont really think you need a more free flowing filter until the engine is really highly tuned and actually NEEDS to suck in more air, a car will only suck up the air that it needs

and cone filters are still useful for cars with big conversions where a regular airbox simply wouldnt fit