My exhaust is corroded

Jjosland

Hi guys,

My exhaust is pretty corroded and I was looking at replacing it in the nearest future.

I don't particularly want a noisy car because I think I'd get fed up with it and being a car that I often have the Mrs and the daughter in (because I can't put up with her clio all the time) but I wanted something to improve economy/performance?

Can anyone give some advice?

Joe

Hi guys,

My exhaust is pretty corroded and I was looking at replacing it in the nearest future.

I don't particularly want a noisy car because I think I'd get fed up with it and being a car that I often have the Mrs and the daughter in (because I can't put up with her clio all the time) but I wanted something to improve economy/performance?

Joe

from experience if its a 1.6, no matter what exhaust u put on there it wont be particularly loud

quietest once ive had was the mongoose, as far as noise goes u wouldnt even know it was there

Awesome. Expensive?

second hand around £100

the tailpipe on the mongoose is nice and small as well so its not too offensive, and the added benefit is that because its stainless it will never ever need to be changed again, and will release a few bhp as well!

The mongoose is pretty quiet. You won't notice any performance increase.

it wont make it any faster but id argue the engine feels a lot smoother through the revs. probs down to the fact the standard system is like an inch bore, inch and a half at best

Hi guys,

Joe

from experience if its a 1.6, no matter what exhaust u put on there it wont be particularly loud

really?

My 1600 Si sounded like a Roush Mustang at high throttle and burbled like a happy kitten when idle, that was with a 2 1/2" straight through SS decat system (which I later transplanted to my current motor..... which pretty much has the exact same noise but on a 1400 now)

OP: IF what your after is something that looks nice sticking out your motors rear but doesn't particularly sound much louder than your standard setup.......why not just add a bolt-on tip?, iirc Stevemo.co.uk.......sorry......I meant Ripseed.co.uk even have a selection.

so far shaw (and im not disregarding what your saying) ive tried a mongoose system, a scorpion system and a magnex, and none of them were very loud, then fitted a decat and still nothing really noteworthy

then fitted the scorpion to supersports 1.8 and its loud as fcuk!

it's not about spending millions, it's about priorities. ford will have two priorities when designing an exhaust - cost of manufacture and type approval. it stands to reason that a pea shooter is cheaper to make - less material and less bending strength required - and type approval will mean meeting noise and emissions targets at certain revs when on the machine. an after market exhaust designer will have different priorities - looks, longevity and power curves coming out as higher in importance than ford would ever consider.....

any decent back boxes for the mk6 van out there?