DSLR camera's

shawdreamer

No idea. D50 and D70 were similar at the time. D90 is probably a bit bigger. Large for a girl, unless she has a proper pair of meat cleavers. Try it and see.

she currently is doing.

mates a sly git.

to me when he arrived..."any chance of a brew Lee, weve been everywhere around ere tonight"

my response..."yer alright"

him to my missus... "While he's at it Lisa can you take a couple of pictures of me Jessica and OLi in our costumes"

He's left it ere under the pretext that their going round to one of his girls mates and he doesnt wanna lug it along with him :roll, said she should get some shots of the front all decorated and my lad in his costume so he can show his missus later.

she went snap happy and seems pretty impressed with it :rolleyes:

FFS this bint needs to make her feckin mind up.

RIGHT.......She's mulled it over a bit and she's now set on getting a Nikon D60, said it looks more compact than the other nikons

She wont be changing her mind this time simply because being launched across the room by her chin may slightly crimp her day. :thumb:

so that brings me to my final question.....what lens?

Ive did a bit of snooping and as she's mostly into taking shots of nature/landscapes etc she might be better off with one of these lenses with a "focal range" of 80mm-200mm rather than one of the standard ones that come with them which seem to be for closer up shots and the like.

just need someone to confirm my findings as I dont wanna get her a lens that can take pictures of fleas on the neighbours dogs back at 200metres but aint worth shite for anythin else :unsure:

:unsure:

http://www.thecultureconcept.com/circle/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/brownie-c-box-camera.jpg

could well mean that......... Im just going with what the baldy slightly odd looking bloke on the "lens tutorial" youtube video said :mellow:

Just get it with the kit lens for now. Don't waste your time on what seems to be a decent zoom lens at first glance. A 200mm lens at F5.6 is not great for anything moving, or low light. Decent lenses cost the earth.

A very good all round Nikkor lens is the 18-200 (http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18200.htm). Can pick up a decent used one for maybe £300.

the standard out the box one that it comes with is a 18-55mm iirc, she'll be alright with that then?

Thanks for all the help btw, I had no chance of getting my head round some of these figures and facts..... I was ready to shove 5ton in her hand and volley her out the door with instructions to not return without something that clicks,flashes and takes pictures.

the bint probably would have came back with a perverted arthritic art thief.

The kit lens is enough to teach you photography, if that's what she wants to learn. The sky is the limit though once you get into SLR's on how much money you can spend. She may quickly realise that actually that £200 compact camera is a better thing to own than an SLR, for many reasons, often around weight, cost, flexibility etc.

The kit lens is enough to teach you photography, if that's what she wants to learn. The sky is the limit though once you get into SLR's on how much money you can spend. She may quickly realise that actually that £200 compact camera is a better thing to own than an SLR, for many reasons, often around weight, cost, flexibility etc.

well all I can do right now is give her the best tools available and let her have at it :pancake:

Forgot to update this with its final conclusion but before I do that Id just like to thank all the people who contributed and I appreciate their patience while dealing with my lack of knowledge on this subject.

The reason ultimately for me thanking before updating becomes blatantly clear when I disclose the fact that she buggered off and disregarded any and all advice I acquired for her.

I can report she came in yesterday proudly clutching a manufacturer refurbished Sony A(somethingorfeckinother) which she cheerfully informed me was a bargain at 150 with loads of accessories and lens.

As she's happy with it and I know feckall about it Ill just leave her to it.

again, thanx for the help fellas.