My Astra

Muzz

I'm insured fully comp on my car but that entitles me to drive any other vehicle in my insurance class, with the permission of the owner, but only covers me for third party damage: I think that's pretty standard. In such a case, I would expect the IC to pay for the third party's vehicle. If the person concerned here was not covered for damage to the van, surely he's breaking the law by not being covered TP?

Penny

you don't get fully comp insurance when driving other cars not registered to you anyway do you???

And i certainly wouldn't expect fully comp cover for other cars n all that under 21!!!!!  X(

my friend has been able to drive other cars on his fully comp policy since he was 19 :thumb: dont know who he is with X(

you don't get fully comp insurance when driving other cars not registered to you anyway do you???

And i certainly wouldn't expect fully comp cover for other cars n all that under 21!!!!!  X(

my friend has been able to drive other cars on his fully comp policy since he was 19 :thumb: dont know who he is with X(

I believe that anyone who has fully comp insurance is allowed to drive any other vehicle covered by their driving license BUT will only be covered third party on any car other than his/her own. I've always been insured fully comp and have always been able to drive any other car not owned or hired to me, but am only covered third party when doing so.

If this was not the case, anyone insured fully comp on an old banger could jump straight into a brand new Ferrari and be fully covered? I don't think so.

Penny

Edited by Foxy

Yeah i know it covers you for third party, but it seems they will not be paying out for his shitty skoda van. Dont care about the astra, was a heap anyway. I just think it is a shame that my mate is getting fucked for something it says he can do on his policy, but which the insurance company claim he can't do. He will have to go to court now and will probably face points and a large fine. :censored: .

Yeah i know it covers you for third party, but it seems they will not be paying out for his shitty skoda van. Dont care about the astra, was a heap anyway. I just think it is a shame that my mate is getting fucked for something it says he can do on his policy, but which the insurance company claim he can't do. He will have to go to court now and will probably face points and a large fine.  :censored: .

why :censored: ???

seems he may have been driving illegally but regardless very stupidly so more like :thumb: :thumb: than :censored:

Yeah i know it covers you for third party, but it seems they will not be paying out for his shitty skoda van. Dont care about the astra, was a heap anyway. I just think it is a shame that my mate is getting fucked for something it says he can do on his policy, but which the insurance company claim he can't do. He will have to go to court now and will probably face points and a large fine.  :censored: .

seems he may have been driving illegally but regardless very stupidly so more like :thumb: :thumb: than :censored:

Because you have declared your mods on your car and you don't do 140 mph down the motorway do you :curse: . How is it any different? I'll tell you why...because he is 17. If he was an old bloke he wouldn't have any problems, no hassle etc. Pissed me off. So :censored:

Edited by Muzz

Because you have declared your mods on your car and you don't do 140 mph down the motorway do you :curse: . How is it any different? I'll tell you why...because he is 17. If he was an old bloke he wouldn't have any problems, no hassle etc. Pissed me off. So :censored:

so when have i caused someone else injury or cost???? there could have been someone in a parked car but regardless of that the van would have been used probably on a daily basis for the blokes job so now he has no means of working cos some T*at regardless of his age has crashed into his car cos he can't drive properly

Get off your high horse mate, an accident is exactly that..

He is paying for the van out of pocket. He was driving like an arse and he probably deserves what he is going to get.

you wanna make your mind up sometime?