GAP Security

DROPTOP ADS

Hi all

I want a newt alarm on my car and have been reading a lot of good things about GAP security in all the mags.

It looks like they come out to you and do all the fitting etc for what seems a reasonable price.

Has anyone here used them b4 or heard bad things about them?

Any other companies you can recommended down here in Essex?

Cheers

:thumb:

my mate had a corsa which he had subtle mods with, they came and fitted it at work and he has had no problems in the past 3 years of owning the car

it might depend on the area you live in but mine is being done by them after christmas.

if they are crap then we do carisma use them on all the cars they have?

when the come to fit my mates he said the person fitting the alarm was from GAP. my mate dave asked questions like this but the engineer said

'listen, if it brakes then i have to come back (for free if they fit) as its my fault if a problem happens and we dont really want that, either for you,myself or as a company'

hope that sounds right

Edited by AndyCanning

replied.

isnt what i was told by gap when i said i needed someone to come out n look at something on it ;)

they said because it hadnt been serviced i needed one at £150 as it had been installed over a year, they wont tell you until you need them to come out :(

as for carisma using them, if you had a big well advertised bodyshop and gap said to you theyd give you a % of the money they get off every car you send to them youd send as many as you could wouldnt you?

not saying they do that, but it wouldnt surprise me as lots of places do it.

replied.

isnt what i was told by gap when i said i needed someone to come out n look at something on it ;)

they said because it hadnt been serviced i needed one at £150 as it had been installed over a year, they wont tell you until you need them to come out :(

as for carisma using them, if you had a big well advertised bodyshop and gap said to you theyd give you a % of the money they get off every car you send to them youd send as many as you could wouldnt you?

not saying they do that, but it wouldnt surprise me as lots of places do it.

no i ment the fait uno turbo they have, his renault 5 gt turbo, his tvr cerbara(sorry for the spellin)

he uses them on his car. However it may depend on the alarm you choose i suppose, my mate dave got the all singin all dancin one with intellistart etc.

with the question, when intel came to us to promote there new 32 bit processors we said no as everything is going 64 bit next year as you know an others do, but i can see what you mean

thanks for replyin to the pm lol