basic sub question..

ANT

yehh plenty of power. maybe even too much from the amp so be carefull not to burn out the voice coils on ur sub by turning the gain right up  :cheers:

if the sub is 700w max and the amp is 600w max won't this mean that with the amp full power, the sub is not suppose to burn out!? ?(

cos i thought the perfect set-up would be i.e. 600w amp + 600w sub?

m888arc these are from Car Audio Centre

how bout this one? any better?

getpic2.asp?File=200312382837963695.JPG

the same sub as i have , i aint had a problem with it, and its very good, and brillient value for money imo, well it woz when i got it coz i got the sub and box for £80.

any all this talk about Max 600W, i thought these were crap, becuase it all that is important is the RMS. i.e 300RMS amp and sub would be perfect, not 600W max amp and sub ?(

maybe im talkin bollox ?( 8)

yeh i know what u mean m888arc.. but nowhere ever says RMS its always Max this Max that!!?!?! :vangry:

i can't find out the rms of that legacy amp anywhere?!?! prob about 200rms but can't confirm..

so lets say it is 200RMS .. then ideally i want a sub as close as possible to that?

it's all to confusing! this was suppose to be a basic ice queston! ;(

can anyone else confirm what sime said?

so sime what u'r saying is for this amp i would want a sub which is about 300w max?!?

how bout this one to power the Pioneer, it's 400RMS 8o but would'nt that be more likely to damage the sub? cos the sub will only be 250-300rms ?(

getpic2.asp?File=2003124821433703.jpg

how bout this one to power the Pioneer, it's 400RMS 8o  but would'nt that be more likely to damage the sub? cos the sub will only be 250-300rms ?

if your still puzzled goto

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/advice/adv...e/buy_amps.html

this will explain it better......and not a bad shop either