ford and gm in merger talks

sortedford

Its like where did hillman go, triumph cars, datsun, there used to be loads in the olden days...

Well the first two failed due to the general crap the british car industry went through (studied it in the first year, i won't go into it unless you REALLY want me to) and Datsun was simply renamed and became Nissan :P

Ford own: Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Lincoln, Mercury, Land Rover but i think they just sold Aston ?( IIRC

Edited by Chappers

I know the german company MAN bought ERF (british truck company) in 2003 :( . Foden no longer exist and seddon atkinson belongs Iveco. Iveco is owned by an italian family who also own masserati, fiat, and some other big names

.... and Datsun was simply renamed and became Nissan :P

they was called datson in 1931 but they dropped that and used the nissan name since 1934 actually.. but they used the datsun name in the UK but again eventually dropped it... my dad had many nissan's in the 80's and they had both a nissan badge and a datsun one

oh and holden is part of the GM group as well .. thats the only reason vauhpoo have the lovely manaro

well, blimey.

I think the Monaro is a bit more than just imported from a random Australian company that happens to be owned by the same people, it's pretty heavily omega based, so it's not the ONLY reason. I think if there was no Vauxpoo or O...poo-l involvement it would look quite different :D

Edited by Chappers