Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

It says dont bump but as the last post was 9 days ago, something must've happened by now? :pancake: Cant wait to see it in all its glory :)

I can't be arsed to go into details but the car is still at the garage that have been doing the work to it. Massive delays in getting parts needed to complete the car mean its not gonna be going anywhere near ford fair

Oh man, thats a shame :(

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't really in the mood to go into details yesterday after it became apparent that it wasn't going to be ready. On top of the head gasket blowing on my daily drive, i was a little bit pissed off tbh.

One of the problems with the rep was the boost/coolant/ancilery hoses weren't really up to much (Kinda Knew this anyway) so a full silicone set were going in to replace them. They took a couple of weeks to turn up and even then, there were some missing. they still haven't arrived afaik.

There's also a blow between the manifold and the turbo and sealing that has been a problem, along with some tidying up of some of my wiring. The rest of the my work has been checked over thoroughly so i can get an engineers report to submit to my insurers

The idea was to get it back with an mot a week before FF so i could blow in some of the bodywork to get it up to scratch but due to the hold up on parts it just ain't gonna happen this time round.

I was gutted to not be bringing it to FF but theres more important things in life to worry about than a car not being ready for a show. The delay gives me a chance to make it even better before anyone see's it, which can't be a bad thing.

Edited by Dubs

best of luck mike, sorry about the hoses... to be honest only the main hose isn't going to hold much pressure. i'll come givbe you a hand once i've got a car again :thumb:

I was looking for an excuse to get some silicone hoses anyway mate, so not a problem :thumb:

Cheers for the offer of help, but the only thing left to do when i get it back is sort out some bits of paint work so not really worth the 500 mile round trip. I was seriously considering missioning up to the Blackpool show in it, so you might see it there :thumb:

Edited by Dubs

ive got spare hoses if its any good dubs? im not needing half of them now with going EFI.

The rest of the blue silicone jobbies turned up today :thumb: :cheers:

WoW

What can i say! Great work!

I've gone thought the whole thread of progress!

And it is Lookin Sweett!

Kepp up the good work :) :thumb:

Bloody hell, that must have taken you ages to go through all of it. I haven't really posted enough pics of the whole car, but fingers crossed it should be MOT'd next week so should be able to get some long overdue pics of it in one peice, if nothing else goes wrong :cheers: