My Respray Project

Curtis0784

i hope you'll be taking off the spoiler, handles, lights, mirrors, door locks etc all off before you even start spraying please matey seriously the cars looks very well prepped right now but taking off all the other bits etc will make a major difference. and you will get a good finish!

spoiler doesnt come off well stuck on. mirrors lights, rubbers ect cuming off leaving handles and locks on as wont em black

It will do, unbolt & prise it off, you may find nasty rust under there to deal with so would be best done now.

Still take all the mentioned bits off too, your doing a great prep job there don't spoil it. :cheers:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been told never sand the paint. if its mettalic.

put lots of lacer of then use 1500 - 2000 wet n dry to get a smooth surface mop up with g3

bobs ya uncle

:)

LOL hu told ya that?

u can sand metalic paint... 400-500 wet.. and then spray a dust coat over then the base coat than u can laquer of it...

if u get drip in laquer how will u fix it?

and make sure u dont leave applying the laquer to late...

tbh 400 or 500 grit would leave marks in the paint or filler if used, its way too course to prep a car, 1200 or 1500 would be much better to prep for paint

i hope you'll be taking off the spoiler, handles, lights, mirrors, door locks etc all off before you even start spraying please matey seriously the cars looks very well prepped right now but taking off all the other bits etc will make a major difference. and you will get a good finish!

spoiler doesnt come off well stuck on. mirrors lights, rubbers ect cuming off leaving handles and locks on as wont em black

It will do, unbolt & prise it off, you may find nasty rust under there to deal with so would be best done now.

Still take all the mentioned bits off too, your doing a great prep job there don't spoil it. :cheers:

just been thinking and ya im gunna remove the bits.. the spoiler is bolted screwed and stuck down has i put it on sum months bk but thinking of taking it off as wont a evo/scoopy like one so wud remove it and fill holes for now.

Wud you remove the doors or keep them on...(to get behind them)

And im taking bonnet off and was looking at the boot and cudnt figger were the wires unconnect for the heated screen, wiper motor ect?

put lots of lacer of then use 1500 - 2000 wet n dry to get a smooth surface mop up with g3

bobs ya uncle

LOL hu told ya that?

u can sand metalic paint... 400-500 wet.. and then spray a dust coat over then the base coat than u can laquer of it...

tbh 400 or 500 grit would leave marks in the paint or filler if used, its way too course to prep a car, 1200 or 1500 would be much better to prep for paint

i use 80 grit on filler then 2k primer.....

then 800 the primer....

if its being paintin different colour 500 is fine never had a problem never had any prep marks.....

i can c this paintjob coming out rubbish.....

u gonna paint and u never dne b4 also u done a front bumper painted but not laquered that u now have to do again

and i bet u done no how to flat n polish the paint after

u learn by mistakes and yes the bumpers r getting one more coat once on the car and u wetsand with 1500-2000 and polish with g3 with water and an electric polisher and cos its gloss black ill use g10 after g3.

y? if ur using g3 to polish it out it wont matter...

and if its black ull be there for ages to get flatten marks out blacks the hardest n longest to get flatten marks out of....

bobs ya uncle

LOL hu told ya that?

then 800 the primer....

if its being paintin different colour 500 is fine never had a problem never had any prep marks.....

u gonna paint and u never dne b4 also u done a front bumper painted but not laquered that u now have to do again

Great help you are then, nothing like give the guy a bit of encouragement eh!

Hats off to him, he is learning & by the looks of it coming along ok.

I painted without doing so before & was commended on my finished work so nothing wrong there from what i see?

Also could you take a bit of time to write in non text talk as it makes it rather hard to understand what your saying otherwise.

bobs ya uncle

LOL hu told ya that?

then 800 the primer....

I painted without doing so before & was commended on my finished work so nothing wrong there from what i see?

Also could you take a bit of time to write in non text talk as it makes it rather hard to understand what your saying otherwise.

iv gotten into habit of it if ya cnt read tuff......

thx peewee. :cheers:

2moz will be putting plasic sheeting up so can start spraying the inside of the doors,boot, bonnet and rest of car...Can any1 tell me how to take the boot off as cant c wire to unplug the wires for heatedscreen and wiper motor?

bobs ya uncle

LOL hu told ya that?

then 800 the primer....

iv gotten into habit of it if ya cnt read tuff......

Oh! I can read english rather well thank you, unfortunatly you dont type the queens english very well.

You say its just a habit? Can you please make the effort when your on here so others can read clearly what you say, it only a polite request so no need for "tuff" statement (assuming you meant tough).

u learn by mistakes and yes the bumpers r getting one more coat once on the car and u wetsand with 1500-2000 and polish with g3 with water and an electric polisher and cos its gloss black ill use g10 after g3.

and if its black ull be there for ages to get flatten marks out blacks the hardest n longest to get flatten marks out of....

Black is hardest to polish flat? Hardly.... It's all down to the type of paint, not the colour!

Just because the guy hasn't sprayed much before, he's on here asking for help, and you learn by doing, mistakes or not! So don't start slating someone for daring to try.

Black is hardest to polish flat? Hardly.... It's all down to the type of paint, not the colour!

Just because the guy hasn't sprayed much before, he's on here asking for help, and you learn by doing, mistakes or not! So don't start slating someone for daring to try.

thx tez

you'll get hang of it mate!

we all have to start somewhere... i've self taught myself with painting and tinting. admitidly i'm not brill at painting, but its a learning curve. and as for tinting, i'm now at professional level. so just stick at it mate :thumb:

and yeah, a few harsh comments not needed. help is asked for, not slating. "if you not got anything nice to say. dont say anything at all! as my mum used to say.