Amd Phenom triple core vs Intel dual-core

PeeWee

amd vs intel  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only problem with that is hes going to have to spend that again on a motherboard to support i7, and then for the DDR3 RAM...

Indeed :rolleyes:

I think the core2 will be plenty ample with my needs with between 4-8 gig of ram, im not willing to go 300 quid on cpu & board then expensive ram.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the heads up Stu, looking at an intel core2 quad atm at around 150.

My music includes soft vsti synths/ vst effects, guitar & vocal recording via an echo mia audio card & a range of outboard effects, its all plumbed into an analogue mixer so basically the more cpu & memory the better.

Actually the sound card is considerably more important than cpu and memory.

Cheers for the heads up Stu, looking at an intel core2 quad atm at around 150.

My music includes soft vsti synths/ vst effects, guitar & vocal recording via an echo mia audio card & a range of outboard effects, its all plumbed into an analogue mixer so basically the more cpu & memory the better.

Actually the sound card is considerably more important than cpu and memory.

Totaly agree, need good processor & memory for the type of virtual instruments though.

had many different processors in my time! a Range of AMD and Intels, current set up is an Intel Q6600, with 8GB of ram :)

both manufacturers are brilliant in my opinion, alot of gamers take Intel over AMD just because Intel Overclock alot easier and go further, but the new AMD's are gettin there now,

AMD Quadcores are 4 individual cores, where the Intels Quadcores are just 2 Dualcores put together, the newer intels im not to sure about, not diving into them as my Q6600 still copes with everything i chuck at it :)

but its down to what you want, budget etc, and personal preferences!

both are brill :)

Edited by Simonez