Tablets

stuey650

Anyone know much about them? Requirements are 12" screen, built in 3G card, built in DVD drive if possible and lightweight. Money no object.

My recommendation was a HP one, didn't have the Dvd but had external. It weighs 1.7kg and this was deemed to heavy by those who would be using them. Anyone up on these things that can suggest other suppliers to look at that might tick the boxes. Lenovo do one without DVD at 1.5kg but really thats not much difference. From what i can see there's a toshiba one that ticks all the boxes except its 2KG. help..............

was looking at the new Dell XT2 the other day, ticked all your boxes including integrated 3g and dvd/dvdw..... Ive got no real genuine need for the high spec it offered or be arsed waiting for its release date so binned the idea.

£1200+ estimated release price but aslong as it doesnt go any higher than 1250 its worth it for its spec so I was told.

think the release date is november tho.

well ive got a toshiba m400 3g, u can put a sim card in the back of it and use mobile broadband if u want, its got a 2.0ghz core 2 processor, 256 mb of shared graphics which isnt amazing but still plays san andreas and RA3 but doesnt have shader 3 support or anything so struggles on alot of racing games. got 1gb of ram and a 100gb hard drive, u can pick these up for about £450 now so there pretty good and if u add more ram these are amazing machines for the money. plus these can be used as a normal laptop or u can swivel the screen around for tablet mode.

yeah M400 is 2.2Kg so def to heavy for lugging about. The dell one mentioned sounds interesting but they want it yesterday so to speak so waiting until novemeber is a no go. Dont' think smaller than 12" is an option, i realise it's a good option to get the weight down but the screen is starting to get abit small by then. They're going to be used to mark up documents (highlight, scibble notes, correct text) instead of printing them and doing it the old fashioned way. At meetings instead of having print outs they'd have electronic copies so nothing to intensive there. Needs built in 3G as they all travel alot and they don't like the USB dongles.