anyone having MTU trouble with their Xboxlive?

shawdreamer

just spent the last half hour trying to diagnose the repeated MTU failure on my xboxlive connection, then a further half hour scouring my router configuration and diagnostics for any clues or faults (MTU setting is at MAX-1500 and live only requires a minimum of around 1350, so that cant be it), finally decided all was peachy my end and that I was now stumped.

was concerned I may have screwed a few IP/NET settings up when I formatted and reinstalled my main office PC, maybe something no longer matched etc (Im not exactly savvy on the whole IP etc stuff, if I turn it on and it works Im happy and dont care :pancake: ).

missus just checked xboxlive site and there some vague mentions of site and system maintenance going on today that might disrupt connection.

just wondering if anyone could check their otherwise perfect live connection too and see if their fails in a similiar fashion.....put my mind at ease and rule out any other causes ya see

should have been sent a message on live about this - i was......upto 24 hours maintenance

thank god for that..... no message tho, havnt been "on-live" for a couple of days so likely wouldnt have recieved it I suppose, least it aint my soddin router :thumb:

As mentioned, a quick visit to xbox live will tell you the service is indeed down for up to 24hrs for maintenance.

I actually knew about it but forgot then was puzzled lol.

i forgot aswell, was getting annoyed with it then gave up, then someone at college today told me about xbox live being down, forgot about the message they sent! lol